Still no fan... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Still no fan...

I pulled the bike down today and after getting the fan out I tried to mount the one I got off Fleabay. Won't fit the bracket and it didn't come with one. And there are no more listed on Ebay for a 650r at this time.

Anyone know if a NEW Ninja 650r fan will work if I swap brackets? I can get one for $200.00 and not the $350.00 for a Versys fan. BUT if it won't fit it does me no good.

There are a bunch of 250R fans listed any chance they would fit?

I wanta gag having to pay this kind of money for a cheese-ball little fan and should have known what was up. I needed a diaphragm for the carb on my KLR $130.00 PLUS 2 weeks to get, ready for this? Same part is used on the H-D Sportster. It was in stock at the H-D dealer for $46.00. Pretty bad when you go to a H-D dealer for cheap parts for your Kawasaki!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM

Did you see the two Versys fans on ebay? Seems like a lot of money for a used fan but cheaper than new.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Heres the one i posted for you when you had the other thread. But i guess you already bought one.http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-200...f4978d&vxp=mtr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres the one i posted for you when you had the other thread. But i guess you already bought one.http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-200...f4978d&vxp=mtr
I didn't see your last post until I'd ordered the one I have. I just ordered the one you linked to. Hope it work as I really want to ride and if I have to belly up for a new fan The Olympia Jacket I want to buy will have to go on the back burner!

The one I ordered before was shown as having a bracket and all so I hope this one shows up and work. I'm just going to leave the Versys apart. I can use the time to clean it good. I remember seeing your bike when I first joined...it was cleaner than my NEW one was! High Standard to meet!

I have the KLR to ride in the mean time...not a bad thing at all!

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM
MTS

I know this is old, old, old, and not .com school but I have two local Kawi Dealers and one that is excellent about 140 miles away. They all are really helpful when I call and ask questions?

Maybe a call to the sevice or parts and you get a few answers or ideas!

Just a suggestion!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I know this is old, old, old, and not .com school but I have two local Kawi Dealers and one that is excellent about 140 miles away. They all are really helpful when I call and ask questions?

Maybe a call to the sevice or parts and you get a few answers or ideas!

Just a suggestion!
The "Local" Stealership is useless as can be, I don't even waste my time going there to look much less buy anything from them. My Dealer is pretty good but they have no way to cross reference the part number, I ask. While we think the different part numbers are due to the bracket and harness they don't want to take a chance and end up with a box of fans they don't need and can't send back.

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
The "Local" Stealership is useless as can be, I don't even waste my time going there to look much less buy anything from them. My Dealer is pretty good but they have no way to cross reference the part number, I ask. While we think the different part numbers are due to the bracket and harness they don't want to take a chance and end up with a box of fans they don't need and can't send back.
Wow what a bummer! Remember if you have a cell phone will Verizon or other big out fit you can call anywhere for a free and get to the bottom of your questions!

Take a poll who has the best local Kawi dealer and than call them!

Just a suggestion!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 AM

michael95453 used a $35 Ninja fan on his Versys a while back and said it was a direct bolt-up...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=17878

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Fan Part No 59502-0041 is the same for a number of Kawasaki 650cc models as listed on this website HERE

2007 - 2009 ER650C9F ER-6n
2007 - 2009 ER650C9F ER-6n (European)
2007 - 2009 EX650C9F Ninja 650R
2007 - 2009 KLE650A9F Versys (A9F)
2007 - 2009 KLE650A9F Versys (European) (A9F)
2010 ER650CAF ER-6n
2010 ER650CAF ER-6n (European)
2010 EX650CAF Ninja 650R
2010 KLE650CAF Versys
2011 ER650CBF ER-6n (European)
2011 EX650CBF Ninja 650R
2011 KLE650CBF Versys
2012 KLE650CCF Versys

Richard

at
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

The one I bought off Ebay Looks like the one in the link you pasted so I have hopes it'll work.

2012 650 Versys
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

The fan showed up today. Looks good I tested it Swapped the bracket as it was bent a bit and then bolt on and plug it up. $19.00 for this or $449.00 for a new one...didn't take much thought on this one! I did find I could buy a new one for cheaper...if you call $339.00 cheap.

All I have to do now is pick up some coolant fill and "Burp" the system run the bike until the fan kicks on. Once it cools back down I'll finish mounting all the plastics and then...wait for the never ending rain to stop!

Thanks for everyones help and pointing out the fan on Fleabay Weljo2001. I'm going to check to see it the same fan will fit my KLR...just in case.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 07-09-2013 at 05:01 PM.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Yeah, it's crazy. You can buy one of these for $104: http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-El...T05LQ/20449871

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
Yeah, it's crazy. You can buy one of these for $104: http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-El...T05LQ/20449871
Yea BUT I'd need one heck of a power cord OR a new Stator!

2012 650 Versys
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The fan showed up today. Looks good I tested it Swapped the bracket as it was bent a bit and then bolt on and plug it up. $19.00 for this or $449.00 for a new one...didn't take much thought on this one! I did find I could buy a new one for cheaper...if you call $339.00 cheap.

All I have to do now is pick up some coolant fill and "Burp" the system run the bike until the fan kicks on. Once it cools back down I'll finish mounting all the plastics and then...wait for the never ending rain to stop!

Thanks for everyones help and pointing out the fan on Fleabay Weljo2001. I'm going to check to see it the same fan will fit my KLR...just in case.

Hope it works out great for ya..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

All back together and running. I cycled the fan on and off twice before remounting all the plastics. It has been hot, and rainy, but was cool enough I had to let it idle for some time and then rev the motor to get the fan to kick on. I was a bit surprised at how much air the little fan moved and the fact that if cycled back off and after letting it heat up the fan kicked back in and blew hot air all over me. Once the fan on my Buell kicked on it ran until the the bike had been off a good 5 mins. Even with the key out.

Now what do I do with the old coolant?

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 07-11-2013 at 07:14 PM.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 PM

I would suggest contacting your local waste authority for disposal.
If that is a dead end check with local auto repair shops or auto part stores, although you may have to pay for the disposal.

I'm not a tree hugger but you should not dump coolant on the ground or down a drain.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Now what do I do with the old coolant? ...
Any neighbors got cats that bother you...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I would suggest contacting your local waste authority for disposal.
If that is a dead end check with local auto repair shops or auto part stores, although you may have to pay for the disposal.

I'm not a tree hugger but you should not dump coolant on the ground or down a drain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I, too, am not really a "tree-hugger," but I hate the idea of pouring it down the drain or on the ground. I agree with Ziggy that there are other approaches. My county has "hazardous waste days" to dispose of some things, but the local dump accepts coolant in a vat right next to the used motor oil.

Then again, we are a "rich" county because a lot of us are competent scientists and engineers...

When it comes to havoc, no one wreaks like me! - Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I will never be good and that's not bad. - Ban-Anon
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I am shocked you'd post such a mean thing. I'd never hurt the neighbors cat even if I don't really like cats. NOW the neighbor....Think I could pass off old coolant as Kool-Aid?

2012 650 Versys
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I am shocked you'd post such a mean thing. I'd never hurt the neighbors cat even if I don't really like cats. NOW the neighbor....Think I could pass off old coolant as Kool-Aid?
+1

I like cats. Have 4 house cats.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode