hey Invader! handlebar Q - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hey Invader! handlebar Q

yea, so i have protaper ATV mids on my V, vibes aren't great, removing the crossbar helped a lot on the left side, but the left side is still pretty noticeable round 5k rpm. I'm about 1 1/2" wider than stock, tried stock and SV650 barends with a 6"steel rod glued inside the bar for more weight...ain't gettin' it.
Invader made a comment in another post about his tag t2 bars being smooth, with no left mirror vibes. Lightbulb goes on. I use search, and find he's using YZ double high bend, a fat bar, with some kind of adapter. So yea, Invader, where did you get that setup? I think I want to try it.
Everyone else, do you think different bars are going to impact the perceived vibes that much? I'm starting to think my bars have much more opportunity to shake vs. the YZ dbl. since they have a lot more absolute length to them....maybe a "short" fatbar (read stiff) like the tag is the best way to dampen vibes on this bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tapered (Fat Bar) aluminum handlebars are really the best cure for vibes. They're also ligher and much harder to bend. I had one on a WR426F thumper, and didn't even bother trying my new V with stock steel handlebar. I have a Tag Metals T2 1019 SX High (104 mm/4.53" rise, 61 mm sweep) mounted with a Moose Racing 30 mm (1.2") riser/adapter. I managed to make it fit the offset Versys bar mount bolts, but it can be installed easily with Rox adjutsable pivoting riser/adapter in the stock handlebar clamp without machining anything. Available with 2" rise, you could use a handlebar with about 95 mm height to retain original height: Tag Metals CR HI/KTM/ATV BEND in black silver or nitride has a 795 mm width (close to stock), 95 mm height, and 62 degrees back sweep. I got mine for very cheap on Ebay. You can always swivel handlebar forward or back with the Rox adapter to get desired reach and clearance.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

http://www.sixsixone.com/media/2009_..._TagMetals.pdf

Last edited by invader; 07-17-2012 at 04:23 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the detailed info, bro. I think I'm gonna try this tactic...a straighter bar (less bend) might be the thing that does it for me. it's the high frequency of the vibes i find bothersome, and a different bar should have different characteristics.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I like having less sweep for a straighter than stock bar too... The Rox swivel will allow for full rise, or leaned back a bit. My Moose Racing riser/adapter follows the rearward lean of the handlebar pedestral mount. Bar-end weights not needed:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode