Too much vibration in the foot pegs. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Too much vibration in the foot pegs.

I've had my V for about 2 weeks now, and the only real complaint I have is the vibration I feel through the footpegs. I don't really notice it during short rides around town, but anytime I ride for more than about 30 minutes, my feet go numb from the vibration.
Is this just a characteristic of parallel twins, or is it due to the lack of rubber on the pegs?
I've never had this problem on an inline four.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't noticed any vibes from the pegs. Maybe its because you came from an inline four & are used to a little more balance. Its odd your feet are going numb. My last bike was a thumper, the Versys feels like a Cadillac in comparison...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 PM

From what I've read, the engine will smooth out a bit after it's broke-in. If it's still anoying after a 1,000 miles, then take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:29 PM

I just got mine...she has 2700 miles on it. I did about 200 miles yesterday and did not notice any unexpected vibration.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Smoothed out.

I noticed the vibrations gradually smoothing out over the past couple hundred miles. It is now barely noticeable, pretty much like any other bike. I guess all it needed was some break in time.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Vibrations

I picked my Versys up on 8 July and have nearly 150 miles on it. I have noticed quite a bit of vibration from the front end. I tried to find a question/answer on the forums and believe I found it. So it may be because of the parallel pistons? My last bike was a 2005 Honda CBR 600F4i and it was extremely smooth, however the shifting sucked. The Versys shifts like a dream compared to that bike. Just to be sure, has anyone else had a vibration in the beginning, when they had just picked up their bike? I appreciate any answer provided.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 PM

I feel a little vibration but its not bad depends on the shoes I wear and were I put my feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode