chain adjustment ? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
chain adjustment ?

Anyone adjusted their chain yet, and did you go by the book? My chain is at the lower side (1 1/4) slack but seems kinda tight when I sit on the bike. I just dont wanna cause an oil leak by running to tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
chain adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingwithguns View Post
Anyone adjusted their chain yet, and did you go by the book? My chain is at the lower side (1 1/4) slack but seems kinda tight when I sit on the bike. I just dont wanna cause an oil leak by running to tight.
Just go with the book, its a new chain so it will not be to slack, the reason the chain goes tight when you sit on the bike is the angle of the swing arm changes. this is perfectly correct and the chain will be at the correct tension when the bikes under way ! more important is the chain is parallel with both front and rear sprocket. so keep riding and less worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode