Mods on 2013 V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mods on 2013 V

Hi all,

Just got and installed the barkbuster storm handguards, and the sw-motech engine guards, both from twisted throttle along with the MRA Vario windshiled ($170). I have not installed the windshield, because I put it up against the stock, and it wasn't much taller. People have reviewed it to be much better than the stock. I also found a GIVI 410ST windshield from motorcycle superstore for $115.

I'll install the givi first and if it's as good as they said in the bike project vidoe in motorcycle.com, then I'll keep it and return the MRA Vario. Instead, I will buy the sw motech rack ($199) for the givi topcase

Has anyone installed the fenda extenda $40 and how protective is it of the radiator. I was also thinking of the radiator protector, but it was $86, worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 04:19 PM

I have both the fenda extenda and an EP radiator protector. I'd rather the slight extra weight and cost, particularly when those little black bits of macadam have been known to be thrown up into the fans, jamming the motors and burning them out, and here in NYC they're ever-present.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESE_VERSYS2013 View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone installed the fenda extenda $40 and how protective is it of the radiator. I was also thinking of the radiator protector, but it was $86, worth it?

I installed both right after i got my 2009. If you have to replace a radiator it gonna cost you about $500.00 unless you can score one on ebay. So to me it was worth it. BTW i used Gorilla Glue to install the Fenda Extenda.

IMG_1498 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I installed both right after i got my 2009. If you have to replace a radiator it gonna cost you about $500.00 unless you can score one on ebay. So to me it was worth it. BTW i used Gorilla Glue to install the Fenda Extenda.

IMG_1498 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Good point, Weljo- I'd almost forgotten the the extenda came with screws. I too opted to use adhesive instead of screws. Screws plus tire area=not so much. Thinking back I used a plastic weld epoxy- the kind that comes in the double tube syringe...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Good point, Weljo- I'd almost forgotten the the extenda came with screws. I too opted to use adhesive instead of screws. Screws plus tire area=not so much. Thinking back I used a plastic weld epoxy- the kind that comes in the double tube syringe...

Glad you mentioned it. It was the Gorilla Glue Epoxy that i used.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Highly recommend a Fenda Extenda to keep gravel from bouncing off the front of the engine and bouncing into the fan, jamming it against the radiator. That's exactly what happened to me. I have an Evotech radiator guard on the front, looks nice, fits well, and you pay for that. See these short thread references on Fenda, radiator, some have pics, etc:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20155
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=7162
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=3371

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Glad you mentioned it. It was the Gorilla Glue Epoxy that i used.
+1

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode