Integrated Tails - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Integrated Tails

Just got my Versys and I have a few questions. Please excuse my ignorance with any questions that have an obvious answer for you techies out there

First things first I'm curious to know some prices for parts that have been damaged. The bike is missing both plastic pieces on the right side and the whole foot peg unit thing is broken. How much does the new foot peg piece cost and are the plastics really necessary?

My other question involves the tail lights. Obviously a lot of people aren't too fond of the stock setup. I've found some integrated sets and even changing the orange lenses to clear and installing amber bulbs looks fine, BUT is it possible to wire the stock tail light so that it acts as an integrated signal like you see on a lot of sport bikes or am I going to have to throw in a few hundred and buy and undertail / int. aftermarket kit?

Thanks for any input, looking forward to riding this! (it's winter here :P)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 AM

I too am a big fan of integrated tail light replacement LED boards. Unfortunately, I haven't found any yet for the Versys. I do; however, have a spare for a CBR600RR. The fitment may be off, but have to check. Will post photos if it works (don't hold your breath yet, bike doesn't arrive for a few more months).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Hi OSliva1
I had the same part(the right side plate,the one that hold the foot peg)) break going over some train tracks 3 weeks after I brought the bike home.
It was bit scary having my right foot drop to the ground.Good thing I was going slow
over the tracks.
It was coverd by the warranty but i had to pay upfront.
It was $169.00 CDA installed.I think the part was $79.00 CDA.
Hope this help
Cheers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 PM

go to Bikebandit.com for any oem parts you want to replace. best prices and availability for the stock parts that I know of...
the left peg was like $22ish I believe, I replaced mine about a month or so ago...
the plastic and all that are on there too... no they are not necessary, it's all asthetic, it just depends on what you want your bike to look and feel like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 01:24 AM

Just run without signals its about the same thing. The integrated tails are almost impossible to see or tell whatís going on so they are not safe. Also the legalities are the same, no signal or integrated, both are illegal. DOT requires signal lights for bikes to be 9 inches apart center to center. Donít ask me how I know.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode