how to remove the front wheel - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
how to remove the front wheel

More info for all of you wrenching at home or just one to start to reach self-sufficiency.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How to Remove a Front Wheel.pdf (339.1 KB, 207 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to clarify something as I mistakenly followed these directions word for word when changing my front tire recently.

Contrary to the original poster's attached document, the front axle hex socket is 14 mm not 16 mm. A "Torx" T-70 will also work. Something mentioned in other threads (others I didn't see before this one ) but not clarified here.

I found this out the hard way by ordering the 16 mm (hard enough to find) only to realize it's too big (after waiting a week for it to arrive in the mail). What's frustrating (as many of you know) is that these aren't sizes that are just laying around the average auto supply or hardware store. Even the local Kawasaki dealer didn't stock them.

Otherwise, the attachment is helpful, but based on the Ninja, not the Versys. I just wanted to put this here if anyone does like I did and finds this document and takes it word for word.

Tim
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I bought a set of metric allen 3/8 drive sockets from Harbor Freight for cheap, and been able to remove BOTH wheels.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Here's a solution (to the 14mm hex socket problem) that likely is laying around at your average hardware store.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ront+axle+14mm

See my posts 4, 5 & 9 regarding a 9/16" outside measurement coupler nut.

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode