Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Any reason my sag doesnt change?

3K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
I turned both nuts all the way in. about 1.5 to 2cm sag. I turned them 9.5 turns out. About 1.5 to 2cm sag. What gives?
I tried measuring it various times. I weight 160lbs if that matters at all.

#5 ·
No I have it in my back yard. I just got it so I am doing some maintenance. Gonna chain oil and adjust chain tomorrow. I figured I would set the sag while I had it sitting there. But it reads the same sag no matter what setting I use. I turnd it all the way in and all the way out. Both the same. I thought you didnt have to ride to bike just to set static sag?

#6 ·
Setting sag takes a few rides before you find the sweat spot of your desire. If you have turned in all the way in and out , there must some difference in the setting and only problem we can't see it or feel it at static. When I did my setting it took a few rides to set to my liking. If you can give the bike a few bumps with brake engage and see if makes any difference.

#18 · (Edited)
How do you sit on the balanced bike without the sidestand down? Do you hold your balance on the wall?

Stock rear spring rate is too high for a solo 160 lb rider. To set proper rear sag, you would require a softer rear shock spring. Reducing the preload to position #1 or #2 may lower it a tad, but it won't make it much softer or any more compliant.

For the forks, I like them set at near maximum preload to reduce brake-dive and to prevent bottoming out on rough roads... You'd probably be okay at 9.5 turns out though.

#19 ·
I just balanced on a chair that was nearby. Funny enough, I actually feel pretty good with the rear suspension. havent checked it yet. My front was way too stiff though. No bottoming out on my front on big ditches. Havent had the chance to try her on rough roads yet. She is pulled apart in the back a bit. Was setting the tps(was low) cleaning my chain(disgusting black goo) and changing my oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.