I am actually from Canada so well aware of that
Been living in Vietnam for almost 10 years now and here no one really cares, but on last trip to Cambodia I did get pulled over and had to make a 'donation'
LAW ON LAND TRAFFIC (Cambodia)
USE OF VEHICLE LIGHT AND HORN
At night or day time, when could not see clearly such as during the heavy raining, fogging, or passing
through underground road, the drivers on the road have to use vehicle light as following conditions:
1. In case in the time of driving the vehicles:
A. Far-light (high beam) light is generally used at night time on the road without electric lamps, to
look far ahead but the driver has to be careful not to interfere with other vehicles coming in
opposite direction. The far-light is prohibited to turn on in city or town where there is enough
light of electric lamps, except in the case of giving signal for overtaking or making way by using
both high and low beams.
B. Low beam light is used in the following cases:
• At night time inside and outside towns where there is light of electric lamps on the road
• At night time outside town where there is no light of electric lamps on the road, in the case
of being about to pass another vehicle, and when driving close after another vehicle
• At day time when could not see clearly due to bad weather such as heavy rain or foggy
• Normal light (low beam) can be used alternatively with far-light (high beam) as the signal to
replace the horn at day time
Interesting twist. Any idea why? Here in Canada daylights are mandatory on all vehicles and on a motorcycle or any other two wheeler on the road a lifesaver...