Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Sudden stall on freeway

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  invader 
#1 ·
During today's morning commute on the freeway my 2015 v650 stalled. I was able to safely pull over. After a few attempts it hesitantly started again and it let ride half mile towards the mechanic shop and then stalled again. It did not start again. All the bars of the fuel guage were flashing when I turn the key to ignition. It had to be towed to nearest dealership while they look at it and I am nervously waiting what could be wrong. There was plenty of gas. About 100 miles ago I had replaced the air filter, I am wondering if i did anything wrong there. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
If it ran fine before you changed the air filter, then it's likely related. A vacuum issue perhaps. Probably simply checking the hose routing will reveal something.

#6 ·
Got it back fixed today. I was told the connector in the wire harness under the gas tank had disconnected. Looks like that is something I might have caused when handling the fuel tank. This was definitely avoidable, guess having done the filter change a few times i got too lax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.