2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rokas Mažeika
  • 1 Post By Rokas Mažeika
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Unread 12-25-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
what is the connector called

the connector for the oem aux lights on the left side of the bike. i would like to buy the correct connector to powers some lights without cutting the factory piece. my searching hasn't found it.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
the connector for the oem aux lights on the left side of the bike. i would like to buy the correct connector to powers some lights without cutting the factory piece. my searching hasn't found it.

Its Sumitomo MT090 series 2 pin connector. There are two types of them - flat and with a small tongue - you need it with a tongue for a perfect match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post

By the way, if youre like me and would like to reuse as much oem as possible - get a oem switch button and build a harness yourself. For it you would also need 4 pin sumitomo 090 series connector.

I think I still have a wiring diagram Ive custom build for my setup somewhere that I could share - its designed to power more powerful lights than oem by reusing existing wiring without any cuts

quexpress likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Light Harness / Parts

Many times someone posts a link, here you go, go to XYZ for parts, that is where I got my parts. Six months later it is lost or buried in the forum.

It started out of frustration for me trying to find the crimps supplier, eventually I found the link. We have well over 50 suppliers , unfortunately some members have posted links and no explanation after. You want a triumph harness, go to this link;
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html

I did a post on harnesses in the X300 see my last post, be aware that unless you are highly skilled and own the proper crimping tool, you are $$$$$ ahead buying a harness with the connectors, in the X300 thread, you couldn't buy the 1/2 of the connectors , minus the crimp terminals and related parts for the cost of the complete harness.
X300 https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ux-lights.html
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Denali Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokas Mažeika View Post
By the way, if youre like me and would like to reuse as much oem as possible - get a oem switch button and build a harness yourself. For it you would also need 4 pin sumitomo 090 series connector.

I think I still have a wiring diagram Ive custom build for my setup somewhere that I could share - its designed to power more powerful lights than oem by reusing existing wiring without any cuts

I did a posting for my 2015 650 Versys some time ago. I have the series regulator and still use my brake light circuit to bring my headlight relay on, it has one downfall, if stopped and keyed off the bike to converse with a riding buddy and then start in gear without using the brake, yes no headlight, my buddy noticed I was driving 3 KM without the headlight until I braked behind him. So I added the Denali lights, with the dimmer , the switch that came with it was plug and play, single pole single throw. The dimmer that I bought extra required a 3 position , off;low;high. I don't remember the cost but a waterproof switch , and a perfectly good single pole switch to sit in a parts bin. What I did was use my auxiliary 15 amp relay driven circuit to power the lights, so now when the bike starts I have the Denali lights on instantly. I then extracted two pins of the single pole switch harness and moved them to complete the high beam circuit. So my single pole switch is both illuminated and functions as high beam . I use a straight pin to release and relocate the wires into the socket provided by Denali.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I did a posting for my 2015 650 Versys some time ago. I have the series regulator and still use my brake light circuit to bring my headlight relay on, it has one downfall, if stopped and keyed off the bike to converse with a riding buddy and then start in gear without using the brake, yes no headlight, my buddy noticed I was driving 3 KM without the headlight until I braked behind him. So I added the Denali lights, with the dimmer , the switch that came with it was plug and play, single pole single throw. The dimmer that I bought extra required a 3 position , off;low;high. I don't remember the cost but a waterproof switch , and a perfectly good single pole switch to sit in a parts bin. What I did was use my auxiliary 15 amp relay driven circuit to power the lights, so now when the bike starts I have the Denali lights on instantly. I then extracted two pins of the single pole switch harness and moved them to complete the high beam circuit. So my single pole switch is both illuminated and functions as high beam . I use a straight pin to release and relocate the wires into the socket provided by Denali.

Im also using Denali lights and made the harness to use accessory relay as a switched +12v and fuzeblocks for power distribution to all accessories. Harness I build accompanies the plug to either make the lights on/off or use with dimmer as always on half power/full power.

onewizard likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
great info thanks.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in