Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

5 Amp Fuse Under Seat?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  leftbrain99 
#1 ·
What is this 5A fuse for? The only thing I see in this location in the Service Manual for a 2011 Versys 650 is an ABS pump motor relay fuse. However, my 2011 V 650 is not ABS and I can't find anything referencing this 5A fuse or the holder (holds a spare 5A fuse as well).

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
See attached from the 2010-11 S/M

Also, I actually removed that metal bracket that holds that accessory fuse in place as it takes up so much valuable space under the seat. I just tucked that fuse and wiring to the side. I have my Innovv K2 camera system and power supply mounted there, and I have the Denali LED light harness wiring and relay in that location as well.

Attachments

#4 ·
The fuse and acc connectors are shown in the wiring diagram. I didn't find any mention in the service manual. To make the acc connectors active requires the installation of an optional relay into the system. Ma K sell the relay and power outlet for a large amount of $$. There are cheaper options. Just search for power outlet installation. The connectors get used for many different electrical add on items. heated grips, gps, aux lighting, ect. The relay makes them switched with the ignition switch.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Well, they are indexed at the top. 17-4 is in the appendix section (Chapter 17), page 4. But it's 584 of 631 in my PDF. Then 17-12 is 592 in my PDF.

I wonder what Service Manual you have. My version is titled "Versys / Versys ABS Motorcycle Service Manual" on the front. On page 5 at the bottom it is denoted as "Second Edition (0) : Aug. 17, 2010." The last page shows that it is applicable to the following models:

2010 KLE650CAF
2010 KLE650DAF
2011 KLE650CBF
2011 KLE650DBF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.