What are these connectors? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By leftbrain99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What are these connectors?

Have the plastics off my (new to me) 2011 V 650 and noticed these “unplugged” connectors above the left side of the radiator. Looked in the SM but tough to follow the wiring diagrams on my phone screen. Any ideas? For servicing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BE41B4D0-0C81-4DDC-AA0D-D9CF1E5B4B31_1568139094924.jpg (14.2 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Have the plastics off my (new to me) 2011 V 650 and noticed these “unplugged” connectors above the left side of the radiator. Looked in the SM but tough to follow the wiring diagrams on my phone screen. Any ideas? For servicing?
That's for an accessory relay to be installed into that black connector, which will allow you then to use those bullet connectors to power accessories, such as heated grips, a 12V socket, etc. The Black/Yellow wires with male bullets are ground connections and the White wire with a female double bullet is positive voltage, but is only enabled when the relay is installed.

Link to Accessory relay: https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories...-kit/999940195 (Note that despite the picture, that Kawasaki Relay Kit does not come with the 12V power socket - just a mount that would accept such a socket, sold separately.)

There are cheaper alternatives for that relay available elsewhere - it's a standard relay, but make sure you get one that is weatherproof considering the location.
Fastoman and AmbientMoto like this.

Last edited by leftbrain99; 09-10-2019 at 02:33 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Thanks.

Would anyone have a link or two to a cheaper alternative -- they're out of stock on Kawasaki.com at the moment. Or a specification?

Last edited by bmw111; 09-10-2019 at 09:22 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
they are for the passenger ejector seat. not offered outside of tokyo i believe.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:10 AM
jpd

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Do a search for a rc-2225 relay, it is one that will work. 1 original use was on Honda cars. Could even be a junk yard find. The kawasaki one for the V is very expensive.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Omron Accessory Relay / Cross Reference?

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks.

Would anyone have a link or two to a cheaper alternative -- they're out of stock on Kawasaki.com at the moment. Or a specification?

Lots of options:
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...reference.html
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
...The kawasaki one for the V is very expensive.
I paid less than $20Cdn for mine ($20.71Cdn, tax IN).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode