Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Michelin Pilot Power?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Randyjaco 
#1 ·
Have any inmates here tried this tire? Mileage expected? Handling?

I'm curious due to the price being half that of the Road series, but I don't want to need to change tires if the expected mileage is half that of the Road series. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I ran PP3's on my FZ-09. The grip and handling is fantastic but at a cost...fewer miles.

Going off of memory but if I remember I would get about 1800 to 2000 miles from a rear. Pilot road rear about 1000 to 1500 miles more tread life.

The best combo I found for the FZ-09 was the Pilot power 3 up front and a Pilot road 3 on the rear. The PP3 up front provided much better handling and feel than the PR3 and would wear out at about the same mileage as the PR3 on the back. A winning combo.

Take a look at the Bridgestone S-22. These are the best high performance tire I have found to date and the least expensive. Right now they are offering a $50 rebate on a pair. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...battlax-s22-hypersport-rear-motorcycle-tire-p

I absolutely love these tires. I am on my 2nd set on my V-650 and have a new set in the closet to install when the current set wears out. These tires track extremely well and don't follow any lines or imperfections in the road surface. They are quiet, super grippy and wear longer than many other tires I have run in the past.

#4 ·
For what I read from some portuguese foruns the opinions also reflect this.

Great grip but poor milage compared to a more touring tires. I had a set of Pilot road 4. When I sold my Cb500x those PR4 had 12000km and look like new. I look some people switching the pilot power with 3000km.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

#5 ·
I have P4s on my Beamer. Amazing traction and the cornering is like being on rails. I'd like to try the P5s. Definitely worth the extra bucks for road tires.

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.