2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By BWM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
BWM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What is it?

I’m a new rider and new owner of a 2015 V650. And I’ve got this flexible metal thing attached to the side stand area. Anybody know what it is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0356C142-DFF4-447B-893C-EAA674AD7BB2_1558178334451.jpg (10.6 KB, 61 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That's a clip to loosely retain the fuel drain line. There should be a rubber hose coming down from under the left plastic fairing above it. It is something you want.

Pull off the left plastic fairing and post a picture of what you've got. There are 2 hex head screws on the top surface of the fairing and a couple of those plastic reusable pop rivets forward and hiding on a down facing surface. Also a couple of rubber friction doodads which require careful pulling. Once you have that off you can see if you have the charcoal canister which is the California model, or a little white plastic tank that would hold maybe an ounce. Out of the bottom of whichever you have there should be a fuel drain line running down through that clip you have.

If the fuel tank overflows with the cap closed, this is where the fuel comes out. If your tank is quite full and then sits in the sun, the fuel expands and escapes via a small pressure relief valve in the fuel cap mounting. Without any drain line at all the fuel would spill onto the engine! Hopefully you have the line from the tank to whatever plumbing is under your left fairing. Without the drain line down to the ground, excess fuel can spill down the left side of the engine area.
onewizard likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
BWM

Wow, thanks for the detailed reply. I’ll investigate and follow up.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
BWM

I poked around and found what the fuel overflow line. It had been routed behind the lower engine fairing instead of through the clip. I pulled it out and put it into the clip. Is this how it should look?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CBCA4394-8C3C-4BA7-AE98-E709A7005F81_1558467725573.jpg (9.6 KB, 23 views)
Fly-Sig likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWM View Post
I poked around and found what the fuel overflow line. It had been routed behind the lower engine fairing instead of through the clip. I pulled it out and put it into the clip. Is this how it should look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode