headlight versys 650 2019 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

headlight versys 650 2019

hello

i wanne replace my stock headlight to white h7 led light what are the better brands of type of h7 light annyone how can help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Old 05-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

versys 2019 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecbl View Post
hello

i wanne replace my stock headlight to white h7 led light what are the better brands of type of h7 light annyone how can help
It shows you have a 2019. here is a link, https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...=led+headlight
A piece of advice, unless it is for the sole purpose of reducing your power demand or you deliver pizza at night and need to see the house addresses and are planning on helping land a aircraft. Spend some money on auxiliary lighting designed around LED technology. I have two photos, one with my 6000 lumen LED low beam and one with my Denali LED lights on high beam. read post 137 of that link. I have detail of current and actual wattage. If you have a MK-1 or MK-2 then we are talking something totally different as those headlight refreltors are designed to project light onto the road, not look charming and dazzle you .

This is Denali D2 lights on high , note I have a series regulator that has a triggered headlight relay off the brake switch

Denali low beam

jaaklucas likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 05-15-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

hy i wanne chance it because mu fog lights are white and the headlights normal light and i prefer to have al the same coler of lights
Old 05-17-2019, 11:35 AM

Whenever we retrofit An LED to a incandescent reflector we are mixing technologies. I have a Denali LED and Im not sure its the right design (left to right emitting)to mimic the original bulb in our Verseys reflector. I found a real good youtube explaining this mixing of tech. Basically as he explained it,look at the original incandescents throw of light and find a LED that mimics it. Soon all new vehicles will be be specifically designed for LED for efficiency. Saving power,less heat. Im all LED on my bike. Till then, like wizard says,add (spot)aux lights for real depth of vision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aux lights.jpg (97.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-17-2019, 12:58 PM

That's correct about mixing technologies.
A parabolic reflector is like a TV antenna - it's good for collecting waves incoming from a given direction into a single focal point, or emit parallel waves from a focused point source (same thing, just reversing the direction of waves). The reflectors in our halogen headlights are not technically parabolic ones, but serve the same purpose - produce a collimated beam of light from a point source. Filaments in light bulbs glow on a very short portion of the wire, they can be considered a good approximation of point sources of light. Those "+100%" premium bulbs that use the same number of Watts? They're more "pointy", which lets them better use the reflective properties of the housing (the side effect is that since the energy is focused on an even shorter length of the wire, it burns out quicker).

Now a LED "replacement bulb" shines with a stripe that's long - like an inch or so. Or a couple of such stripes. That's a very poor approximation of a point and thus the reflector doesn't work - it's impossible to get a good beam.

I hear some projector housings may be better with LEDs (even though those also have a focal point and lenses "like" a point light source), but it's a hit and miss. Please don't put LEDs into any reflector housings that weren't designed with them in mind, this will almost always end with you not seeing much at night and blinding other motorists at the same time due to a scattered beam.
Having a nice color of the headlight is not worth it.

2015 Versys 650
Old 05-17-2019, 02:14 PM

The great thing about LED is how much power-sucking heat energy(created as a by-product) you save so you can run other stuff like heating,which sucks a lot of juice. Plus you can do anything with them,like dimming your turn signals for running lights. Take a look at the new electric motorcycles to see the future of 2 wheeled lighting....Be seen,not heard!
onewizard likes this.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
The great thing about LED is how much power-sucking heat energy(created as a by-product) you save so you can run other stuff like heating,which sucks a lot of juice. Plus you can do anything with them,like dimming your turn signals for running lights. Take a look at the new electric motorcycles to see the future of 2 wheeled lighting....Be seen,not heard!
Yes by switching to the LED low beam I saved about 40 to 55 watts, ( LED is rated 36 watt @ 6000 lumen, skeptical about the lumen rating, to me it is closer to 3000 lumen)and that is correct, my high beam is the same as what my low beam was before the change Osram 65 watt which is closer to 100 watts at 14.2 VDC, all incandescent bulbs are rated at 12 volts DC, unlike LED lighting with drivers where the current drops as the voltage increases, incandescent the higher the voltage the greater the current and wattage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
led

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in