KMG Kevlar Organic brake pads?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
KMG Kevlar Organic brake pads??

Anyone have any experience with these pads on the versys? I have a 2011 V approaching 20K miles. Will be replacing brake lines to stainless steel ones and figure I might as well replace pads too. Still lots left as My riding is pretty easy on the brakes. The few reviews I found for KMG were pretty positive.

The pads are cheap $22 for front and rear pads including shipping. I ordered a set.

Would like to hear any actual experience with these pads.

Not looking for typical forum non experience comments, you know folks never tried them but say you should only use OEM, EBC or Galfer anything else will cause you to crash. Those are just unqualified opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
Anyone have any experience with these pads on the versys? I have a 2011 V approaching 20K miles. Will be replacing brake lines to stainless steel ones and figure I might as well replace pads too. Still lots left as My riding is pretty easy on the brakes. The few reviews I found for KMG were pretty positive.

The pads are cheap $22 for front and rear pads including shipping. I ordered a set.

Would like to hear any actual experience with these pads.

Not looking for typical forum non experience comments, you know folks never tried them but say you should only use OEM, EBC or Galfer anything else will cause you to crash. Those are just unqualified opinions.
Contrary to some of my fellow riders, I have always preferred organic brake pads instead of metallic ones. I like their gradual "smoother feel" during braking (less abrupt than the metallic ones). They wear more rapidly than metallic pads but are "easier" on the brake discs.
I believe that you will probably like the KMG ones ... although I've never used KMG ones myself.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just my $.02. I liked the feel of the organics on my Connie. I did not like their lack of initial bite when wet. I no longer use them.

Perhaps they now use an improved formulation to fix the lack of wet grip. If so, I would be interested because they are a lot easier on the disc.

YMMV.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode