Recommend swingarm spools please - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Recommend swingarm spools please

Hello,

I would like to buy some good swingarm spools to be used as protection as well in case of a fall...i'm on budget but looking for quality ( sounds contradictiong but you know the best price quality ratio)..
There are ones sold on ebay for around 10 usd...other sold by protek for 20 usd...both use what they call CNC plastic which they claim is very strong....

Any recommendation?

Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Speedy's Spools... $12.00 and anything from Speedy is high quality and worth every cent.

These aren't plastic.. they are milled from solid aluminum.

There really is no need to look anywhere else.

http://shop.motowerk.com/Swingarm-Sp...10MMSPOOLS.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.

Last edited by Zatx; 01-25-2013 at 01:01 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM

I'd also recommend Speedy's flatfoot while you're on his site ordering the spools.

http://shop.motowerk.com/Flatfoot-fo...t-KV-FF-LK.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
I'd also recommend Speedy's flatfoot while you're on his site ordering the spools.

http://shop.motowerk.com/Flatfoot-fo...t-KV-FF-LK.htm
Thanks!!

Can you suggest also something for the front wheel as well?

Last edited by Purificator; 01-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purificator View Post
Thanks!!

Can you suggest also something for the front wheel as well?

These are what i have...http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=345

On the bike.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7629760977302/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I had the speedys spools on.But thought i would try a different type.The newer one were thicker and made it more difficult getting on and off the rear stand.So went back to the speedy spools and the others sit in a box with some tools....

IMG_2196 by weljo2001, on Flickr

On the bike..

IMG_0622 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Yeah.. I'd like those T-Rex fronts, but after paying only $12 for rear sliders I really don't want to spend $40 for the front.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Yeah.. I'd like those T-Rex fronts, but after paying only $12 for rear sliders I really don't want to spend $40 for the front.

Yea i thought the same thing until i had to pay alot more for a front fender.

IMG_0738 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM

Good point.

I didn't buy my engine guards till I dropped my bike in the driveway and damaged two fairings.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Good point.

I didn't buy my engine guards till I dropped my bike in the driveway and damaged two fairings.

Then you known how much they charge for plastic.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

that is all my point, I did not crash and all I care about is putting a max protection to my lovely red V....I finished equiping myself with protection (helmets (RX-Q), drayko jeans, leather jacket, mesh jacket, ad pants, boots (AXO primato) etc... (total cost around 1640 USD...)
now it is the turn for my bike....rear and frond spools then a custom made crash bars....
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea i thought the same thing until i had to pay alot more for a front fender.

IMG_0738 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Jeeze Joseph - does that EVER look like something sitting on my workbench....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Jeeze Joseph - does that EVER look like something sitting on my workbench....

So you turned it into a big blue paperweight??

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
So you turned it into a big blue paperweight??
Nope. Workin' up my nerve to shorten the front, repair the crack, rough it up and 'rattle-can' it black, then mount it up w/ a Buell 'beak' I've got.

DEFINITELY I'll have a "one-off" (IF I don't already...).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Nope. Workin' up my nerve to shorten the front, repair the crack, rough it up and 'rattle-can' it black, then mount it up w/ a Buell 'beak' I've got.

DEFINITELY I'll have a "one-off" (IF I don't already...).

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode