Anyone ever burned an exhaust valve? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randyjaco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Anyone ever burned an exhaust valve?

So I got all the bits together for an air filter, spark plug change and valve check. The only reason I did the valve check was because of the cautions in previous posts. My 2009 had all it's clearances safely within spec at 18K miles. So, I'm curious if anyone on here has ever reported a burnt exhaust valve on their Versys?

I have had mostly BMWs and Ducatis for decades and I can say the Versys is the easiest bike to work on that I've ever owned. To do maintenance work on it is enjoyable and gratifying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 PM

Garage
I did my 2008 a few months ago at 12k miles, just because it was 10 years old and found that I had three exhaust valves way too tight. I am really glad that I didn't wait for the prescribed interval! Nothing seems to have burned, so I would presume that the Versys is more forgiving than some other brands.

Randy
onewizard likes this.

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

We had quite a lot of problem with 2009/2010 models - Thailand made, with burnt exhaust valve -bend infact. It was a major call back here where Kawasaki changed the valve sets for both Intake and Exhaust.

In recent time with the latest models never heard of any problem so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode