Clunk coming from front end - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
On forums (if they are as good as this one) you will hear about peoples issues/problems as well as the many good experiences...

No product is perfect, a part of your satisfaction comes from not "if" you ever have an issue, but if your issue is taken care of by your dealer and manufacturer.

Best of luck!

I understand, and I'm not saying the old Honda's were 100% for everyone. But I can't help but notice there's much more complaints - especially on the newer models - that I've noticed on here than on the almost 4 years I was on the CTX site. In 4 years there were 2 owners that had major issues, one requiring a revamp of the DCT and another that ended up getting a lawyer. But that's it! Everyone else, whenever there was an issue, it was almost ALWAYS riders not reading the manual in particularly when it came to the DCT. And generally a simple reset of the bike was what fixed it requiring no need to take to the dealer.

And I need to find that one owner on here that was always hearing noises. At first I was ready to light him up, and I did post a somewhat negative response on one of his threads. Now...I'm starting to think he's not making it up! And I will try to reach out to him and apologize...and try to send him a case of beer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajorge73 View Post
I understand you point of view. I've had problems with brand new products...smartphones and laptops. The seller always solved the problem. No stress and no problem.

However when you re talking about a 9000 eur product with a malfunction with the potential to cause you an accident....my tolerance to errors drops drastically...

EXACTLY!!! Sure, it could be a dealer not putting the bike together correctly but I don't think that reason makes it right. This is a vehicle and any mishaps can get you killed. Not like buying a faulty computer.
And it's such an inconvenience to keep having to bring it to a dealership.
I love my dealership where I bought my Versys and my CTX. They've been nothing but great on every purchase I've ever made there...for bikes and gear! I know them and I trust them. So to me, this is a Kawasaki issue not a dealership problem.
Again, there's 1,000 other new owners that are completely satisfied. But it just appears to me that these new Versys are not up to the quality control they need to be at.

With that said, I will say the Versys is one of the best riding bikes I have owned! So as long as you're ignoring all the noises/bumping/wobbling/shimying/etc...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
On forums (if they are as good as this one) you will hear about peoples issues/problems as well as the many good experiences. I've had many brands of bikes mostly Japanese and Harleys. Personally, I've found Kawasakis to be among the very best. The dealer you bought it from should be able to trace and fix your issue, if they can't, go to another Kawasaki dealer. A bad dealer (just like a bad car dealer) will certainly leave you with a bad opinion of the bike, and you may indeed find other folks on the forum who have had bikes not prepped properly by a poor dealer. The bikes come in a crate and are supposed to go through a very long prep list, I saw the one on my bike. If you call Kawasaki about a bad dealer experience, they will follow it up.

I used to work for Apple and I would occasionally have some people complain to me about a problem they were having and I would ask them if they called the free support line. "No", they would reply; then I asked if they took it in for the free support at the store, "No" again. I would hand them a business card and tell them to call the support line and call me back if you didn't get satisfaction. I rarely got a call back in 15 years.

No product is perfect, a part of your satisfaction comes from not "if" you ever have an issue, but if your issue is taken care of by your dealer and manufacturer.

Best of luck!
Wow, a poorly prepped bike! That brings back memories of my old professional bike wrenching days. Working in Memphis, Wednesday night was required overtime night where we had to break open crates and assemble new bikes. That was also when we would step out behind the shop and smoke a little dope with the boss's son 😱
I don't ever remember a bad bike, but there sure was potential.

Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
The original bolts are Non-TTY, correct?...
Yes.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Do you adjust the torque value?
As a matter of fact - NO.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That is exactly my frustration. I also had Hondas and thought all Japanese bikes are as reliable. Wrong!!
Have a feeling I will not end the year as a kawasaki owner.
I am on my FIRST and THIRD Versys 650s, and have a total of OVER 165,000 miles on the three, mostly trouble-free.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Update. This how the bike is right now. Still haven't found the problem. 😭😭😭
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20190409-WA0001_1554832101232.jpg (207.2 KB, 53 views)
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Quote:
That is exactly my frustration. I also had Hondas and thought all Japanese bikes are as reliable. Wrong!!
Have a feeling I will not end the year as a kawasaki owner.
I am on my FIRST and THIRD Versys 650s, and have a total of OVER 165,000 miles on the three, mostly trouble-free.
Mine is 1036 kms. Mostly trouble free also 😁😁😁
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:42 PM

And you have taken it back to the dealer OR taken it to a different Kawasaki dealer and got no satisfaction?
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
And you have taken it back to the dealer OR taken it to a different Kawasaki dealer and got no satisfaction?
I gave them till Friday to find and solve the problem. Till then gonna leave there. If they don't find the problem I'm gonna ask kawasaki Portugal which dealership I should go to.
So far they excluded the fairings, headdlights and tank. Which means the more irrelevant options are excluded.
Which means the probability of being something serious is increasing.
At this time all I want is to solve whatever it is and sell the bike.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I gave them till Friday to find and solve the problem. Till then gonna leave there. If they don't find the problem I'm gonna ask kawasaki Portugal which dealership I should go to.
So far they excluded the fairings, headdlights and tank. Which means the more irrelevant options are excluded.
Which means the probability of being something serious is increasing.
At this time all I want is to solve whatever it is and sell the bike.

Yeah??? Wait until your first sprocket change!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Seriously, this sucks that this is happening to your brand new motorcycle. Unacceptable in my book. I've come across riders with brand new bikes having issues. I always thought it's just one person that got a bad ride. Not thinking that so much any more with these Versys.

I agree that, if you can, get it fixed then unload the thing!

Let me ask, if you go this route what are you thinking on replacement bike?
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Broken fork spring or something loose/disconnected inside the forks? (Don't ask me how that happens on a brand new bike, but...)

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Broken fork spring or something loose/disconnected inside the forks? (Don't ask me how that happens on a brand new bike, but...)
problem solved. Right front nisin brake unit thing replaced. I was told there was something a little looser than it should. Also said that it wasn't dangerous, just annoying. I didnt talk to the guy who worked on it. Gonna try to get more detail next week Tested it for 60 kms and it's back to normal. 👍👍👍👍
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post

Let me ask, if you go this route what are you thinking on replacement bike?
My favorite would be the Africa twin. Love the looks. The problem is that is a "bit" more expensive, no extras (kawasaki gave me a shad pack: 39 lts top case, 2 X 32 lts saddle cases and a tank bag. All free. I payed for the hand guards) and a little heavy (I ride a lot in heavy city traffic). Besides, In Portugal yearly tax and insurance of bikes above 750 are about 2.5X the 500 to 750 cc range.
I would also take a look at the triumph tiger. Bmw's are too expensive and I have a friend that had to call assistance 3 times in one year with electric problems. Over 750, would probably go to the atwin.

Below 750, there's the v-stromp (know a guy that has one... Good bike, hate the looks), tracer (great engine, a bit stiff for my back) and the nc750x (great fueling, hate the short gearing... I call it the diesel bike... No... Just no &#x1f601 and the versys.

Yesterday when I came back from the dealer, went trough a more twisty part of the road and I remembered something: I really like riding this bike.

So for now gonna relax, ride it and by the end of the summer, gonna decide what to do.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
My favorite would be the Africa twin...

Below 750, there's the v-stromp (know a guy that has one... Good bike, hate the looks), tracer (great engine, a bit stiff for my back) and the nc750x (great fueling, hate the short gearing... I call it the diesel bike... No... Just no &#x1f601 and the versys.

Yesterday when I came back from the dealer, went trough a more twisty part of the road and I remembered something: I really like riding this bike.

So for now gonna relax, ride it and by the end of the summer, gonna decide what to do.

Glad you got your Versys fixed AND...you can settle down and enjoy the thing!

Had a V-strom...surprisingly fun to ride. I found myself getting pretty aggressive on mine and it handled way better than I thought!
Demo'd a Tracer and was comfortable, but there was something about it that didn't "sound" right to me.
Owned an NC700X with DCT. Fun bike but the rake was too small for me. Felt like I'd go over the bars on a quick stop. Also, the DCT was amazingly quick to shift but I just couldn't get used to not having a clutch. Probably more of a mental thing as it takes off like a bat out of hell when you twist that throttle!

Yes, the Versys is a great handling and comfortable motorcycle. I'm sure I'll keep mine for another year so I'm not losing too much $$$ on it but after that, we shall see what else is out there.

Go enjoy yours and, hopefully, the bad vibes towards it will disappear. I'm hoping that's the case with me as well.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Glad you got your Versys fixed AND...you can settle down and enjoy the thing!

Had a V-strom...surprisingly fun to ride. I found myself getting pretty aggressive on mine and it handled way better than I thought!
Demo'd a Tracer and was comfortable, but there was something about it that didn't "sound" right to me.
Owned an NC700X with DCT. Fun bike but the rake was too small for me. Felt like I'd go over the bars on a quick stop. Also, the DCT was amazingly quick to shift but I just couldn't get used to not having a clutch. Probably more of a mental thing as it takes off like a bat out of hell when you twist that throttle!

Yes, the Versys is a great handling and comfortable motorcycle. I'm sure I'll keep mine for another year so I'm not losing too much $$$ on it but after that, we shall see what else is out there.

Go enjoy yours and, hopefully, the bad vibes towards it will disappear. I'm hoping that's the case with me as well.
Yes, i was told the DCT changes the bike drastically. There's a test-drive of the Versys vs NC750X with DCT on an italian magazine (can see it on youtube) and the versys struggles to keep up on some situations.
Still...Not my cup of tea.

You'll see ...six months from now, the two of us will be the biggest Versys 650 fanatics this forum has ever seen.
Devilsfan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode