Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Vacuum Sync Edit
I have made the valve adjustment and I am waiting for the carbtune to arrive in mail. I have the california model 2015 versys and vacuum hoses are connected as shown in the picture. From what I understand, I need to do the following, can you please confirm or correct these steps:
1. I need to connect the 2 vacuum hoses (in the picture they are connected to each other at the T) to the 2 channels of the carbtune.
2. Plug the air switching valve
3. Plug air cleaner house fitting
4. Install air cleaner housing
5. Install fuel tank using an extension and do the sync at the 1300 rpm idle speed
6. Adjust the 2 bypass screws till vaccum is in sync
7. Highly accurate tachometer is not needed?
Onewizard had suggested extending and pulling the hoses out and securing them so that future vac sync can be done with everything in place. Does this still apply to California model
So dug back into the service manual, 2-16 describes how to do it, some confusion here as it mentions to pull off the caps or hoses, included is CN for Canada, my 2015 has capped ports for vacuum sync. So according to the manual and your photo, you can't use the extended vacuum hose method in my thread. Look under 2-16 of the service manual.
I copied your post c/w jpeg to both threads and edited my threads, thanks for posting that photo
Last edited by onewizard; 02-28-2019 at 10:01 AM.