ECU'S / Flashing & Tuning / Versys 650 / Complete - Page 6 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Garage
thanks for all the great info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

June 12, 2019 / 516 KM @ 60 miles per gallon

Yesterday put on 516 KM , and was using Lucas engine treatment , 1.5 oz per tank, I got 60 miles to the gallon yesterday. This too needs to be monitored, I fueled up when the low fuel started to flash, plus about 60 KM, so it appears that I had 3 liters in the tank, with 430 KM traveled according to my GPS. It was a windy day, and I have never had that good a mileage before, bought the Lucas stuff years ago and used it whenever I thought of it. This time it was a full tank, plus I have a small bottle with 1.5 oz in it for fueling up.Yes this should be another post, did some viewing about ethanol and the fact it has 30% less energy and that several stations in Canada sell ethanol free fuel at 91 octane, the price difference for a 7% gain isn't worth the $$$$.
So I am getting use to the new flash, about 2000 KM on it now, there has been mention of converting back, the best way I can relate to that is like selling my 2015 and buying back my 2007 Versys, ain't happening.So next ride I may look at longer distance and monitor using fuel treatment. The big guess is the amount, 1 oz, 1.5 oz or 2 oz. per tank. Could take all summer whenever it gets here
post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old Today, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Yesterday put on 516 KM , and was using Lucas engine treatment , 1.5 oz per tank, I got 60 miles to the gallon yesterday. This too needs to be monitored, I fueled up when the low fuel started to flash, plus about 60 KM, so it appears that I had 3 liters in the tank, with 430 KM traveled according to my GPS. It was a windy day, and I have never had that good a mileage before, bought the Lucas stuff years ago and used it whenever I thought of it. This time it was a full tank, plus I have a small bottle with 1.5 oz in it for fueling up.Yes this should be another post, did some viewing about ethanol and the fact it has 30% less energy and that several stations in Canada sell ethanol free fuel at 91 octane, the price difference for a 7% gain isn't worth the $$$$.
So I am getting use to the new flash, about 2000 KM on it now, there has been mention of converting back, the best way I can relate to that is like selling my 2015 and buying back my 2007 Versys, ain't happening.So next ride I may look at longer distance and monitor using fuel treatment. The big guess is the amount, 1 oz, 1.5 oz or 2 oz. per tank. Could take all summer whenever it gets here
10% ethanol fuel, which is common here in the US does have less energy in it, about 3%. An interesting fact is that the stoic ratio for gasoline is 14.7:1 I don't tune to 14.7 to 1, I tune to 14.2:1 . why? Because that's stoic for 10% ethanol fuel, which is what we will most likely be running in our bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode