• 1 Post By quexpress
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By REDHORSECA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Source for spoked rims/hubs

Woody's is OUT! I just got this reply from them today....
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, at this time, there are no spoked wheel options available. While there were hubs available at one time for this model, the company that was machining them has since gone out of business. We are looking into the possibility of manufacturing hubs in the future, but these bikes haven't generated a whole lot of interest in custom wheels. If you would like, we can keep your info and let you know if we do decide to move forward with making these hubs in the future.

I apologize that we weren't able to be of more help at this time.

Kind regards,

Rachelle
-------
Woody's Wheel Works LLC
2200 S. Jason St.
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 936-0232
www.woodyswheelworks.com

Does anyone know if Excel is still making wheels/hubs for our bikes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I guess that answers that!

There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anybody?

2011 ADVersys

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There is a fellow on the Honda Hawk GT forum that has a machine shop business specializing in custom made motorcycle parts.
Maybe there is a possibility that he could make a set of hubs.

Link to his website:

https://www.wwresto.com/

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:33 PM

Red face Suzuki Vstrom DL650 XT

The Vstrom DL650 XT has spoked wheels.

Would it be complicated to adapt these to your Versys? ... just an idea.
onewizard likes this.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
The Vstrom DL650 XT has spoked wheels.

Would it be complicated to adapt these to your Versys? ... just an idea.
MIGHT be an option - I know some guys on ADV Rider adapt VStrom wheels to the Versys, tho' I BELIEVE they use the ones from the 1000cc Strom (axle diameters...?).
quexpress likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 07:05 AM

Garage
My repost from Advrider forums and here on the 19" Wheel Conversion thread:

I contacted Warp 9 Racing to let them know that I was interested in Versys CNC spoke hubs for my two Gen3 Versys. I'd like to have a set of spoked wheels for my dual purpose tires. Especially a 19" front wheel.

I'll keep the stock wheels for road tires for commuting and canyon carving.

Kevin contacted me back via email and said they would like a set of stock wheels to look at. So does anyone have stock wheels to loan out to Warp 9 Racing. I believe they are based in Utah.

So, please if your interested in an option for spoked wheels for the Versys, please contact and let them know that your interested. To show them that there is an interest and demand for them to add a couple new Versys SKUs to the great lineup.

Click their web link Warp 9 Racing 'Contact&Info' page and let them know how much interest there is from the Versys community.

Contact Kevin via email at their Sales & Marketing Dept.: https://www.warp9racing.com/contact-info/
AlaskaJeff likes this.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hopefully they will get enough interest. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my spoked wheels. Especially since I converted them to tubeless!!

2011 ADVersys

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Hopefully they will get enough interest. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my spoked wheels. Especially since I converted them to tubeless!!
Jeff - just curious... which way did you convert your rims?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 04:32 AM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Check out his Garage pictures. He has pics of the wheels before mounting. They're Woody's Wheel Works built wheels on RAD hubs. RAD is out of business. So no source of spoke hubs for the Versys.

We're trying to get Warp 9 Racing to make new CNC hubs for our bike. Please see thread:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...version-4.html

If you truly want a set of spoked rims or just a 19" spoked front rim. Please contact Warp 9 and/or Woody's to let them know your interested, so that Warp 9 can manufacture hubs for our Versys. Once they get a clear indication that there is enough interested parties to make it worthwhile for them. Info in the thread link I posted above in this post.

Please contact:

Chris = [email protected]

Kevin = [email protected]

Last edited by REDHORSECA; 09-28-2019 at 04:42 AM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I'll try to make it clearer - "Jeff - just curious... which way did you convert your rims to tubeless?"

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode