The New Polaris 4016868 Does not fit a Gen 1 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The New Polaris 4016868 Does not fit a Gen 1

I had some free time today, so I thought I would do some preliminary dry fitting my 4016868 Polaris regulator to my Gen 1 2008. The result is that this is not going to be an easy fit.
I removed my stock regulator and tried put the 868 in position. As I was told, it is considerably larger than the stock unit. With a little effort I could get it to fit in the same location, but the bolt holes don't match up. To make things worse tapping new bolt holes would be very difficult due to some inconvenient curves in the stock bracket. I clamped the 868 in position and found another complication. Part of the frame extends down blocking one of the electrical socket plugs. This would preempt the use of one of the Triumph harness plugs. It could possibly be solved with hand crimping the spade connectors and judicious use of silicone sealant. So, it looks like I am going to fabricate a whole new bracket to make the 868 work 8-(
Strangely enough, the future mounting will cause the cooling fins to be aligned with the air flow and the electrical connections to be made from the rear. My biggest concern is the travel of the swing arm and the potential for mud, water and debris getting to the regulator. I guess i will have to look into one of those Chinese huggers.

Word to the wise: If you have a gen 1 bike, you probably want to go with the smaller Polaris regulators.

Randy

I tried to add this to the existing thread, but it is closed.

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyjaco View Post
I had some free time today, so I thought I would do some preliminary dry fitting my 4016868 Polaris regulator to my Gen 1 2008. The result is that this is not going to be an easy fit.
I removed my stock regulator and tried put the 868 in position. As I was told, it is considerably larger than the stock unit. With a little effort I could get it to fit in the same location, but the bolt holes don't match up. To make things worse tapping new bolt holes would be very difficult due to some inconvenient curves in the stock bracket. I clamped the 868 in position and found another complication. Part of the frame extends down blocking one of the electrical socket plugs. This would preempt the use of one of the Triumph harness plugs. It could possibly be solved with hand crimping the spade connectors and judicious use of silicone sealant. So, it looks like I am going to fabricate a whole new bracket to make the 868 work 8-(
Strangely enough, the future mounting will cause the cooling fins to be aligned with the air flow and the electrical connections to be made from the rear. My biggest concern is the travel of the swing arm and the potential for mud, water and debris getting to the regulator. I guess i will have to look into one of those Chinese huggers.

Word to the wise: If you have a gen 1 bike, you probably want to go with the smaller Polaris regulators.

Randy

I tried to add this to the existing thread, but it is closed.
I will add it, and comment there /not closed
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...es-50-amp.html

Last edited by onewizard; 10-18-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode