08 V 650 Clutch clacking? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to HercEngKody
08 V 650 Clutch clacking?

So my V had starting making a clacking noise when engaging the clutch but it had been happening so rarely it was something I wasn't worried about. Then I ended up in some extensive stop and go traffic the other day and it was frequent and bad. I wasn't able to get a recording of it that day which would've been perfect because it was consistently happening. I went out today and was able to try and get a few clips of it doing it once or twice.

It happens when I'm releasing the clutch lever and rolling onto the throttle, it seems to happen more when I release the lever quickly. The day it was bad it would happen when slipping the clutch, due to traffic.

Any thoughts on what this could be? I don't want to damage something by continuing to run it and I'll take it into the shop if needed. I want to get this sorted sooner rather than later as I have a trip to GA (from MO) coming up, and I plan to ride up to The Tail of the Dragon before heading home.

The link is to my Google Drive folder. Where the sound occurs is noted in the titles.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cu?usp=sharing

Ain't no party like a Herk party...coming to a dangerous, dirty, shabby, and otherwise undesirable country near you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i would get a clutch side gasket and oil and a filter, and open it and inspect it. it could have any thing from a broken disk to broken spring to who knows what. and take pics or vid of it.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode