Versys 650 LT factory KQR topbox using Givi mounts? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Versys 650 LT factory KQR topbox using Givi mounts?

Hello all, I just recently purchased a 2016 Versys 650 LT and am considering adding the top box. I like the looks of the factory box with the matching trim and Kawasaki badging. The cost of the box from Kawasaki isn't too bad, not great, but not too bad ($275 + 95 for matching trim). Has anyone successfully used the factory box with the mounting brackets and monokey plate from Givi? If I did my research right, the correct parts from Givi are SR4114. It runs about $100 for the brackets and monokey plate from various sources. I have read that the stock Kawasaki box is just a Givi V47, but I wasn't sure if the mounting tabs were identical and could use the Givi plate. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:52 PM

The only thing I can verify is the part number, because I attached the SR4114 rack and the M5 Monokey plate to my 2017 just last week. That said, *if* the Kawasaki top case is actually a Givi, it would have to be a Givi Monokey case for this mounting combination to work. I'm not sure if all Givi topcases are Monokey. I could be wrong, though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Garage
Yes the Kawasaki branded box is a Givi V47.

I have a SR4114 rack for sale, and a white trim piece for a V47 case, message me if you are interested.

The SR4114 rack is NOT the same as the Kawasaki branded rack, but they accomplish the same thing. You can mount either the Kawasaki branded plate or a Givi plate onto either rack.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
Yes the Kawasaki branded box is a Givi V47.

I have a SR4114 rack for sale, and a white trim piece for a V47 case, message me if you are interested.

The SR4114 rack is NOT the same as the Kawasaki branded rack, but they accomplish the same thing. You can mount either the Kawasaki branded plate or a Givi plate onto either rack.
Thanks zirconx, that answered my questions exactly. If your trim plate was orange, I would jump on that deal. I kind of figured the Kawasaki box and the Givi box were the same. I couldn't see Givi making a special box just for one manufacturer for just one bike. I will have to double check on which plate I will go with, cost wise. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode