Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Lovely, Metropolitan North Idaho
Couple three points:
a) I would use one of the newer microprocessor type charger .vs. an older automotive battery charger, the older ones seem to give MY AGM motorcycle batteries heart burn. I think it's because of battery overcharging (or too-fast a charge) which shortens battery life, although yours at 4 years I'd say it doesn't really owe you much... (and now I cower under my desk under an incoming barrage of "You ignorant bastard, that's NOT true in any sense, because I ALWAYS use the correct synthetic motor oil and my batter NEVER goes dead!!!")
b) the battery has a 'natural' chemical affinity that will begin producing volts when the acid gets added. No real magic there; basic chemistry and electrical behaviors.
c) do NOT let the battery die dead dead dead. You'll be replacing your current replacement.
Last edited by aboyandhisversys; 05-04-2018 at 11:10 AM.