Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Answering a few post
- Obvious reason is stop oiling that chain. Messy ! Often ! ...
- Rock in between belt and pulley is bad, rock in between chain and sprocket is also bad (admit that it won't break the chain, but will absolutely damage the sprocket and chain)
- Interested in that mod for obvious reason, see first point
- Not in search of changing power or mpg or ratio, only get rid of oiling that chain
- If a 900# bike with tons of torque can have a belt, no worries for our light and not that torquey Versys
- No swing arm to cut, only wheel to remove, like a chain
Save yourself a headache, the bike's resale value and a ton of $$$ and get a can of...
Dupont Teflon Chain Saver
Dry, Self-Cleaning Lubricant
How hard or time consuming is it to give a chain a little spray every week or 2
This s**t is No mess & No clean up
Problem solved... but if you are bent on wasting $$$ have you considered a Scott digital automatic oiler?
It will set you back about $400 + install
07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case
Last edited by eldiablo; 10-10-2012 at 06:29 PM.