No power to injectors with airbox and fuel tank off - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No power to injectors with airbox and fuel tank off

I posted this in another thread, but I might get a response here. I don’t have power to the injecters as I’m installing a Power Commander and had to remove the tank and air box, and so some connectors and sensors (IAT) are unplugged. Would this cause the injectors to not power up? Do they only get +12V if the fuel pump is connected?

My more detailed post is below:

Hey all, I have an 07 Versys and just installed a Power Commander 3. Before I put everything back on, I wanted to make sure it powered up; when I turn the key to the on position, there’s no power going to the PC3 (the unit works when connected to a computer with a 9V battery). The dash lights up, and I checked to make sure that the wires from the injectors (the thicker white and red ones) goes to the red wires of the PC3, and that’s all good. The ground is good. When I jump the left PC3 connector (red wire) to the +12V of the battery, the unit comes on, so I know it’s not the wiring of the unit. The bike ran perfectly before this (my wife asks me why if it’s working do I feel the need to tinker!) so I’m sure there’s no issue with the wiring of he bike either.

Now, as I mentioned, there are a few things not plugged in because the air box is still out (no IAT) and the tank and fuel pump are sitting on my workbench. From what I saw in the service manual, the power goes through the fuel pump relay. Would that explain why I’m not getting any power to the injectors (and subsequently the PC3)? I’m not at home right now and honestly I can’t recall if the FI light came on or not.

Thanks in advance for any help. Riding season here is just around the corner as Mother Nature seems to be toying with us (-5Cto -10C in mid-April?) so I’m hoping that I can get this resolved ASAP.

2007 Versys, Givi tall windscreen, Givi hard luggage, full Arrow exhaust, PCIII, Motowerk anti-vibration risers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versys514 View Post
I posted this in another thread, but I might get a response here. I donít have power to the injecters as Iím installing a Power Commander and had to remove the tank and air box, and so some connectors and sensors (IAT) are unplugged. Would this cause the injectors to not power up? Do they only get +12V if the fuel pump is connected?
Probably the injectors need fuel pressure before becoming active. Perhaps a safety measure to prevent damage when the tank is empty. The fuel pump comes on immediately the key is turned. Recheck your wiring and put it back together.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode