3Likes
  • 1 Post By JimK
  • 1 Post By SteveJ
  • 1 Post By JimK

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Puig windscreen

Just ordered a Puig windscreen for my new 2017 Versys 650 . I ordered the 9421 in place of the 5999. I was searching online and all I could find in the 5999 was dark smoke and I just wanted clear. After a lot of searching I just went to the Puig website and they listed the 9421 shield for 2015-2018 models. So maybe a good thing that I did.
here is what a email to Puig reply to me:
5999 has been superseded by 9421. 9421 has a small modificatio to fit Versys 650 from 2015 to 2018.
P.E. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Good work!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Should likely arrive sometime next week, but weather here is cold still so no big hurry.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:00 PM

Interested to hear about clearance with the hand guards with it's width at the base.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennistime99 View Post
Interested to hear about clearance with the hand guards with it's width at the base.

I had a Puig mountes on my '15 with factory hand guards. The guards would just barely touch the shield at my handlebar setting. Rotating the handle bar forward or back would obviously change this.

BTW, it's for sale.
tennistime99 likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennistime99 View Post

I have not installed the handlebar riser yet , but I did just install the Puig windscreen. When I turn the bars all the way the handguards come about a half inch from touching the screen . no problem .
tennistime99 likes this.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
Old 03-12-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I have not installed the handlebar riser yet , but I did just install the Puig windscreen. When I turn the bars all the way the handguards come about a half inch from touching the screen . no problem .
Good to know. So far I haven't ridden the bike enough to warrant swapping out the windshield.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed thew 7/8" riser and the Puig has even a little more clearance from the handgrips. And really like this windscreen , it does a real nice job of wind blocking and didn`t notice any buffeting.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in