6mm push rivets - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By Jack of Heats JoH
  • 2 Post By twowheels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

6mm push rivets

For what its worth I purchased 10 push rivets for $1 including shipping on ebay. They seem to work just like the OEM ones. The OEM ones are over $2 each plus another $5 or so for shipping. Only issue with ebay is it takes about a month until they arrive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-6mm-P...-/401105659604
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Thanks!
Ordered one

Versys 2015 Green
Old 02-03-2018, 06:28 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
great find, i have a huge box of assorted sizes of these that ive had since i worked in auto body and it didnt have any of this size so my missing ones are replaced with zipties. now i can replace them

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

Old 02-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks - ordered a set.

Me TOO!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 02-05-2018, 08:37 PM

Garage
Handy to have on hand

I always keep some extras of these around as well as well nuts and the screws that go with them as they often become damaged with removal. They are a lot cheaper to buy ahead of time and have on hand, from ebay, than rush to the dealer to buy a few when you need them. The Mk2 Versys 650 uses well nuts everywhere for fairing/windshield attachment and the rubber well nuts are seldom reusable.

I've found the kits of well nuts you buy that come with screws do not have screws that are long enough. As a result I purchased a package of M5x20mm screws off of ebay along with a package of just the rubber well nuts. Always good to have lots on hand.

Another thing that is handy to have on hand is a cheap compartmentalized box similar to that below to store extra bike related bits and pieces in so they don't get lost.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg M5x20mm.JPG (22.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg box.jpg (41.0 KB, 137 views)
silviefox and Urbanengineer like this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-05-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:47 PM

I ordered some from Amazon because I am rebuilding an R6 right now and need them in two weeks!

$5.00 for 30, or $3.12 for 30 and one month waiting.... hmm.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
... As a result I purchased a package of M5x20mm screws off of ebay along with a package of just the rubber well nuts. Always good to have lots on hand....
I got tired of having damaged allen-sockets on the fairing screws on my '08, so I replaced them ALL w/ 6mm chrome flange-bolts. I'll try to remember to take a pic.....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I got tired of having damaged allen-sockets on the fairing screws on my '08, so I replaced them ALL w/ 6mm chrome flange-bolts. I'll try to remember to take a pic.....
Just took a couple of pics. Here's what one bolt looks like:

and here's a side-view showing LOTS of 'em:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0248copy.jpg (219.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0247copy.jpg (315.7 KB, 17 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Old 02-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Thanks Eddie!

I never had any problem with the allen bolts for the fairings, but I don't force them

Versys 2015 Green
Old 02-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
Thanks Eddie!

I never had any problem with the allen bolts for the fairings, but I don't force them
Guess I'm NOT as smart as you are....

I would 'chuck' a small allen-key (straight, of course!) into my Ryobi 18v drill, then loosen all that I needed to remove, then when finished I would run them back in, but NOT all-the-way, then tighten w/ a 1/4" ratchet.

Eventually (over 75K+ miles of "doing things") the 'sockets' got a little "chewed-up", so I replaced them, (the bolts look PDG [to ME]), and they're MUCH harder to 'buggar-up'.

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-09-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:18 PM

I admit, I'm not working as much on my bike and I don't do nearly as many km as you do!! (not trying to be smart )
I just hope to reach 75k+ "things"
You do great!

Versys 2015 Green
Old 02-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post

I admit, I'm not working as much on my bike and I don't do nearly as many km as you do!! (not trying to be smart )
I just hope to reach 75k+ "things"
You do great!
I will be very surprised IF my '08 isn't 'good' for WAY-Y-Y more than 100K miles, tho' as I'll be 75 in April, it MIGHT NOT be me riding it then....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the heads-up; got some on the slow boat from China headed my way.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in