Headlight adjustment - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Headlight adjustment

I thought that the two headlight, low and high beams, were connected and basically stuck together. Meaning one can adjust only the whole assembly?
I am asking because in riding the bike at night I noticed that while the normal low beam seems to be properly adjusted, the high beam shines right down to the ground a few feet from the front wheel.

I thought I should adjust that, but then in looking this over it seems that both are attached? Is it possible to adjust just the high beam headlight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Here ya go.....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/2007-K...ice-Manual.pdf ..Look at..PERIODIC MAINTENANCE 2-39
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Check Owners Manual

Making/ cooking Turkey, hit post, too late!! Joe beat me to it.
I looked up in the 2010 MK-1 Service manual 2-39, there are better instruction for this in the owners manual, however the one on this site has been copied using a camera, all photos are 90" counter clockwise. To answer your question, vertical left right is both and horizontal is both, the prime adjustment is your high beam, no option of adjusting low beam separate from high. The MK-3 has individual high and low adjusters.
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-09-2017 at 10:23 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you and I saw that but it seems to me that those adjust the whole assembly. In my case for some reason the high beam light shines lower then the regular headlight, my question was essentially if they can be adjusted separately or if there might be something wrong with my set up? I hope my question makes sense.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloVersys View Post
Thank you and I saw that but it seems to me that those adjust the whole assembly. In my case for some reason the high beam light shines lower then the regular headlight, my question was essentially if they can be adjusted separately or if there might be something wrong with my set up? I hope my question makes sense.
The manual shows only one vertical and one horizontal. It has been several years, I had a MK-1 and thought there were adjustments for both low and high beam, the manual says otherwise. The very next thing I would do is check the bulbs, one or the other may not be the same or inserted correctly.The bulbs are identical, you could easily move the low beam light to the high beam socket and the same for the high beam bulb, when you do this you may find the bulb was upside down, there is a alignment tab, it would be very difficult to insert upside down but do able.That alignment tab would change the angle of the bulb by about 20 degrees.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-09-2017 at 10:32 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much, I will do that. I am very busy at work and have only little time for fixing etc. that's why I am trying to get all the data as possible... I will try and see if there are two adjustments and the set up of the bulb. I appreciate the help!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Well, I took everything apart and there is only two adjustments that I can see, one on the left bottom that seems to adjust the high beam left-right but also up and down a bit, and one on the right top which is hard to get but seems to be for the whole assembly. I can't see anything else there... The high beam is still below the normal beam somehow... will have to research more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode