Versys 650 Mk2 - rattle thread - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Versys 650 Mk2 - rattle thread

I started a thread on this earlier that got lost with server issues.

Unfortunately the old trick of grabbing fairing panels at various points to see if it stops the vibration does not work as it usually is intermittent when riding and hard to replicate with bike parked on pit stand. It is usually loudest with a combination of road irregularities and deceleration 3000-5000 RPM. It comes from the front and is most prominent on the left side.

So far I have secured all wiring harnesses, taped my headlight shroud in place which was loose, taped all dash panels where they join to no avail. Rattle is not windshield related as it is still present without windshield.

My next step is to use some foam donated from an old office chair to try and isolate the side fairing panels.

Hope others who have addressed this issue or have this issue will comment. The noise is annoying as it is loud enough to drown out engine sounds below 4000 RPM.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-25-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I started a thread on this earlier that got lost with server issues.

Unfortunately the old trick of grabbing fairing panels at various points to see if it stops the vibration does not work as it usually is intermittent when riding and hard to replicate with bike parked on pit stand. It is usually loudest with a combination of road irregularities and deceleration 3000-5000 RPM. It comes from the front and is most prominent on the left side.

So far I have secured all wiring harnesses, taped my headlight shroud in place which was loose, taped all dash panels where they join to no avail. Rattle is not windshield related as it is still present without windshield.

My next step is to use some foam donated from an old office chair to try and isolate the side fairing panels.

Hope others who have addressed this issue or have this issue will comment. The noise is annoying as it is loud enough to drown out engine sounds below 4000 RPM.
MK-2
Couple things, have you checked the rad mounting, you state left side. Also the fan mounting. Some comment on the MK-1 engine spacing being off, I added washers on the right side. A very long list of sources:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...d-culprit.html
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...wl-gauges.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode