Air Filter Question. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Air Filter Question.

I was taking out the airbox yesterday to put new plugs in and clean the air filter. I have never taken the filter out before. After removing the airbox I went to pull out the air filter and could hardly get it out, after some prodding I realized the foam part was wedged in the slot. It had slid down out of the plastic holder. I got it out and saw that the metal screen was not glued to the frame in places either. I repaired and cleaned it all. I'm thinking this was put in wrong at the factory and damaged on install as I can't see how it could have come apart otherwise unless it was from me yanking the airbox out. I took it for a good ride and pulled it out later just to check and it was fine. I ordered a BMC filter and will be putting that in. Anyone else run into something like this?

Last edited by Timberdog; 07-18-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I changed over to a BMC filter when i changed my plugs close to a year ago. Just took a look at the stock filter and it looks perfect so maybe yours was installed improperly. I would take a good look at the slot it goes into to make sure everything is in order. When you get your BMC filter your going to need some Loctite 406 get the smallest one it doesn't take much you have to attach some foam material to the filter very simple and takes just a couple of minutes. I orderd my Loctite off of Amazon didn't see any in the stores close to me.BTW the best price i found for the filter was Riders Discount.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode