Speedys lowering kit questions 2015- Versys 650 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffalo_Bob
  • 1 Post By Buffalo_Bob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Speedys lowering kit questions 2015- Versys 650

1. Anyone use the shorter NINJA 650 ER6N kickstand with the Motowerk lowering kit on the 15 - 17 V650?

Just getting ready to do the lowering kit and wanted to keep the original, just in case.

2. Also, when you lower the front should I take it off the rear harbor freight stand? I was thinking of doing it using the side stand with a floor jack under the engine to control lowering the bike. The instruction say to do one side at a time, but doesn't mention supporting the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Have you thought about getting a lower seat?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
1. Anyone use the shorter NINJA 650 ER6N kickstand with the Motowerk lowering kit on the 15 - 17 V650?

Just getting ready to do the lowering kit and wanted to keep the original, just in case.

2. Also, when you lower the front should I take it off the rear harbor freight stand? I was thinking of doing it using the side stand with a floor jack under the engine to control lowering the bike. The instruction say to do one side at a time, but doesn't mention supporting the bike.
If you have a front triple tree stand , use it, right side is easy, left side almost cleaned / took my clutch , some very tense moments. Side stand and jacking under the front foot rest. Use the scissor jack and 3/4 plywood as in Speedy's photos. No need to jack the rear of the bike, the scissor jack between the tire and lower frame can be turned by hand, very little effort and very precise.
Just caught the mention of the rear stand, absolutely no need, all the work is done on the right side of the bike, having it on the side stand is more than sufficient. See my post 32 of this thread:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...dy-others.html
As to doing the front, again no rear stand, you need to shift the weight to the rear of the bike.Lots of photos and help in the above link

KICK STAND SIDE MOUNT BRACKET EX650 NINJA ABS 11-15 12 13 14 SPRING FOOT BOLT | eBay

Last edited by onewizard; 09-08-2017 at 07:50 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indelibility View Post
Have you thought about getting a lower seat?
Not really. I can actually flat foot it right now (barely). I want to lower it so it's easier to get on to, for me and especially for my wife. I'm also hoping I'll notice a lower center of gravity. My balance is not as good as it used to be .

After raising the front of my stock seat, it's much more comfortable and the comfortable riding distance just about matches my bladder range
onewizard likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post

You cannot use the Ninja sidestand. I bought one on eBay and found out that unless you make some modifications it is not a direct bolt-on. You'll need to make the hole larger to fit how it swings back.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...sys-650-a.html

My install comments and pictures are in post 16 and on...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...-titanium.html

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium [ Sold: Feb. 2019 ]
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers

Last edited by 407guy; 09-09-2017 at 12:54 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407guy View Post
You cannot use the Ninja sidestand. I bought one on eBay and found out that unless you make some modifications it is not a direct bolt-on. You'll need to make the hole larger to fit how it swings back.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...sys-650-a.html

My install comments and pictures are in post 16 and on...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...-titanium.html
407guy, your instructions, comments answered all my remaining questions. Well done.
407guy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode