Anyone ride without a windshield? 2012 bike - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone ride without a windshield? 2012 bike

My Givi windshield came in and I'm going down to get it tomorrow. Any reason I can't leave the factory windshield off and ride down to the shop, about 45 miles. I don't see any harm being done but thought I check and see what you guys thought. After all MY best thoughts got me to the middle of Ohio from Florida...and three blocks from the beach at that!

I hate to try and stuff the factory windshield in a saddle bag as I worry it'll get beat up no matter how well I wrap it up. I'd carry the screws and wellnuts on the tank bag and bolt the Givi on for the ride back.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 06-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 PM

I ride with no fairings and windscreen no problem

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 11:26 PM

If you don't ride too fast, it will be just fine else bear with the strong winds. Wear ear plugs. If you do place your stock screen in a box, wrap it first with bubble wrap or a few sheets of Newspaper, as it will scratch up real bad.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 AM

Gauge housing might buzz a little but other than that no issues

IBA # 49372
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM

I used to ride without windshield (I love nakeds).
Now I have MRA Vario + X-creen and now I am in love in my V
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Made it down and the world didn't end so all's good!

Got the Givi shield mounted in the dealers parking lot...all of 2 mins work. Fit up easily and looked right if not big! Blocks the wind and bugs nicely. Only a bit of buffeting and that was on I-75 in heavy traffic with more than enough 18 wheelers. I was running over 80mph just trying to keep up and NOT to get turned into roadkill.

This maybe the first after market windshield I've bought that doesn't hit Flea-Bay with in a week! While there is a little dirty air off it I have only tried one of the bolt on postions. It will take a bit to get use to as it is MUCH larger than the stocker is.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode