Welp she's lowered - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welp she's lowered

First lesson on a lowered V... don't dangle your stubby legs after it was lowered like you normally used to while using the low gel seat . It just doesn't work as well when you have the lowering kit and low gel seat.

Also the tires being at their current PSI is really not to my liking after it has been lowered. So off I go to drop some PSI from the tires. 40 seems like WAY too much for 85 degree days. I'm going to test with 36 on the rear and 32 on the front.

Next noticable difference is my V is hidden behind other bikes now har. Took me a few minutes to find it at the shop today as it was parked behind a nighthawk and a big old KTM. But stopping was a blessing. No more over stretching my toes while stopped. I could feel the pressure in my hips just bleed away.

Now its time to address that stock seat I've been hiding in my closet.

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Now its time to address that stock seat I've been hiding in my closet.
You selling your stock seat?

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=19219
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Sadly no I haven't decided on whether to mod my stock seat, use it as it is now, or replace the foam with the Seat Concepts.

The Low Gel Seat is just no good for my lower back. Now that the V is lowered I can test the stock seat out a bit more. I only have about 400 miles in the stock seat. With the gel one I have racked up 5600 miles. I can honestly say the low gel one is not comfy for me.

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM

I can mod a stock seat cheaper than purchasing a low gel. My wife rides a VStar and with a lower seat, she can try my Versys.. Who knows, if she likes it, she can get herself one!

Thanks for responding!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Oh and here is the Ninja 650R sidestand installed so I can keep my stock stand in case I decide to unlower my V.

Now all it needs is a Flatfoot from Speedy. I will wait till after my birthday because this is what I asked for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja_650_sidestand.jpg (120.8 KB, 74 views)

"Why do I ride?"

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
MTS

Hey MikeV!

Congrats on getting the V lowered!

Was going to throw something your way that worked like a champ for me! On the stock seat, if you take it off and turn it over there are two holes. The one closest to the tank I took some inch and a half by 12inch strips of oooh that foam you sleep on camping and a big screw driver and stuffed a bunch of strips in there until the seat was perfect for my bottom side! Ha! Ha!
I pushed some to the sides and some to the front, they were all smashed up. No more sliding forward and zero dollars spent!

I lower air pressure front and rear and it made a huge difference! Way better ride! Traction!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 05-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 PM

Hey Mike, you got your lowering kit and I got my Seahorse cases. We're making progress!

George
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Nice which rack did you decide on?

"Why do I ride?"

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

This will take some getting used to. The V is a whole new bike lowered. But the handling is the same if not a little better.

I feel so low now though. I miss seeing over the cars. This morning was great I was able to back my V up without pushing it out of my spot in the driveway, just get on turn the key, push it back, and then off I went.

"Why do I ride?"

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Really liking my stock seat and the height of it with the lowering kit. Compared to the low gel its like the seat is hugging my butt.

"Why do I ride?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode