LED turn signals - relay - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
LED turn signals - relay

Gentlemen,

I need a confirmation, from someone that has / had access to the turn relay signal (I am on a business trip, away form my Versys )

Is it a 2 wires / pin piece similar to this?

When I have purchased my bike it had the turn signals changed already to LEDs (this model) but the blinking speed is just amazing (2 times per second I'd say). I searched the forum and found that a good solution would be to have the relay changed but I'm not sure if this one would be compatible ...

so ...
and many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM

You can add resistors to the line for each blinker (did that on my truck) or you can get a solid state flasher relay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM

It is a 2 wire device like the one in your link. I have one on my bike, got it from "Custom LED". It slows down the flashing to normal rate.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

@ Mt. Versuvius > thanks for the fast reply. Is that (white) plug useful in any way, does it match the plug on the bike's electric wiring? I'm referring to the one I posted a link in the first post.

I'm asking because it would be easier for me to purchase something like this. In the end, I believe that the two items do the same thing - I'd go for the one which requires minimum intervention on the electric circuitry ...

I want to remind you that I did not open (yet) any covers from my Versys (the cowling buzz is one of the issues I have to solve, and together with it, this light-speed blinking).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM

I think you're going to find it's plug and play with the device in your first post. Looks like it fits a wide array of Japanese bikes. You'll just have to fab a little metal clip to hang it on the hanger beneath the fairing panel. I cut a small piece of galvanized sheet metal, used electrical tape to fasten it to the device and then bent it over so it looks like a money clip. (The OEM device has a built in clip.) Easy peasy, you'll see.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

solved

gents, problem solved.

The relay from Louis worked like a charm. I had to adjust the couplings (I guess this is how they're called) and the attachment is a bit different from the original relay but it all worked out in the end.

At least I have a normal blinking speed now ...

I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

@ admins: topic can be closed.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalik View Post
@ admins: topic can be closed.
Don't close it! Somebody may have a question for you a few months from now that may benefit everyone.. Leaving it open allows them to ask here bringing your thread back to the top!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

correction

OK,

I agree. I restate my support with pictures and electric & mechanical advice, if needed / requested by someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode