Well I dunno what happened with the fitment issue in the rear swingarm, but the new seal, and bearing worked out. Sorry no pics. The seal, snap ring, and bearing came out with some small pliers, ring pliers, and a soft hammer supporting the blow with a couple wood blocks. I used a socket for driving out the bearing with the hammer.
Pressed the bearing in with a vise, and the ring with ring pliers, and pushed in the seal by hand first, then leveled with the soft hammer gently. It fit back into the swing-arm just fine. I did note that the collar on that side slipped into the seal and held.
I also made sure to clean and grease up surfaces prior to installing. And the bearing was chilled in the freezer for a few hours while the hub was heated up prior to installation.
Gimme a week or so, I will get up some post mortem pics of the parts. Now the clutch...