Main Throttle Sensor - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Main Throttle Sensor

Hello... Manual says that Main Throttle Sensor output voltage at idle should be between 1.005 - 1.035V. In this forum you have recommended a value around 1.061V. The output voltage at Full Throttle opening should be around 4.20 - 4.40V. I was wondering why I can't reach that value... If I set a value of 1.065V at idle, at Full Throttle I get just 3.95V
Any ideas what could be happening?
Looks lie my range for that sensor is shorter that it should be!

it is what it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

I found the answer myself, I think so... I observed the system and found that wearing a small portion the opposite side of the adjusting screw for idle speed, throttle could be opened a little more so, I put a grinding wheel on my drill and wear about two millimeters. After that, I measure the voltage at WOT and it went up from 3.95V to 4.18V which is a better number. I don't know if what I've done is stupid but I will test the bike in this week to see how it runs and if something wrong appears.

it is what it is...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
As I stated, once WOT (wide-open-throttle) voltage output is within range, idle position voltage output is then a bit above spec range. Adjusting it so cures the low end lean bog by adding fuel at lower throttle opening.
Did you grind your maximum throttle opening stop to allow your throttle valves to open more?
All you had to do is set your WOT voltage output within spec, and not worry about idle position voltage output.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

To get a reasonable WOT voltage within specs I have to move the sensor too much getting a totally our of specs voltage at idle... anyway, the damage was done so I'll see how the Versys ride this week... I will post my comments... thanks!

it is what it is...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM

You can always add back material for what was removed earlier with steel epoxy (the 2 mixing tubes type).

kurt, did you notice any difference to the throttle response after the changes?

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thatīs the 1 million dollars question... hahaha. Well, at this moment I just know I have good numbers, you know, WOT and idle voltages. I think I have to take my Versys to the highway and see what happen at high revs and speed. And youīre right... I can put some material back there... I will write my comments soon. Iīm also testing a new map so I have two variables now but itīs fun

it is what it is...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Fun is good news!

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode