Should I remap - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Should I remap

I had added the arrow slip on a few years back and I didn't remap it at all. This year I am adding the bmc high flow air filter, should I do a remap with the combination of the arrow and bmc filter or should I be fine as is?

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had a Yoshi on. Didn't remap it. Put a BMC filter on when i changed out my plugs late last year. Didn't re-map and have had no issues at all. If you go with the BMC filter get a small bottle Of Loc-Tite 406 you'll need it to attach the gasket to the filter. Get the smallest Loc-tite it doesn't take much

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM

Garage
BTW Riders Discount had the best price on the BMC filter with our forum discount

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input weljo

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
Thanks for the input weljo
Anytime..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Remap is needed only if your top end has reduced, and that is if you are always running at top speed.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
I had added the arrow slip on a few years back and I didn't remap it at all. This year I am adding the bmc high flow air filter, should I do a remap with the combination of the arrow and bmc filter or should I be fine as is?
Do you have a Dynojet Power Commander? Stock ECU cannot be remapped, and it's not needed anyway with high flow exhaust and air filter... You can however rotate you main throttle sensor counterclockwise a tad, to have its output voltage at near maximum spec, instead of just below minimum spec range to add fuel from idle to 2800+ rpm where it's most lacking, even with original filter and exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode