Finally, managed to settled the nasty sound at start. With the advice from Steven and 2damax, I did several checking with few mechanics until one of them suggest that this could be due to loose of the one-way clutch starter and its coupling. Since I've done most electrical test and trial error with new starter,battery, rectifier, etc, I had no choice but to try this advice. Guess what?? Problem solved, bike sounds like new bike when cranking the engine.
Below are some of the videos/images I've taken from start to end :
1. Video Normal Sound @ Start
2. Video Nasty Sound Bunyi @ Start (the 42second scene)
3. Initial checking of the electrical and some of its components (still cannot detect the problem). Did this checking at my regular workshop. The mechanic tried his best checking the problem but to no avail.
4. Went to Kawa (Malaysia) as advised by Steven. Met Mr. Midi, explained the problem and after 2-3 attempt starting my bike, he was inclined to believe its the one-way clutch starter (loose). He said its very rare to happen but he used to attend a Z750 and a Z1000 with similar problem. In fact, he said mine is the first Versys in Malaysia to have such problem. Not sure how this happen as I fairly maintain my bike and now only clocking 37xxxkm after nearly 3years of use but when it happens, it happens...
Solution?? To change the one-way clutch starter + coupling. They did the job within 1 day one day only and the mechanic was right!! The nasty sound at start is finally solved!!!
Took back the old parts - observe the spring in the middle of the one-way clutch, seems little bit dented.
5. The spareparts & cost about MYR530 (exclusive workmanship, new EO, oil filter)
Sharing Is Caring.