Headlight assembly - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Headlight assembly

I am installing new side panels, cowling and headlight parts on a cosmetically damaged '09 USA Versys that I bought, with old parts already removed.

I popped two H-7 bulbs into the headlight assembly, but the upper socket on the loom is too wide for H-7 contacts. The parts list for the '08 shows some sort of adapter for the upper bulb. Is there an adapter? My socket for the lower bulb is broken, leaving a pair of spade connectors - was this the same dimension as the upper socket?

Also, I see in the parts list a provision for a pair of 5w bulbs, one on each side of the high and low beams, but no sockets or wire from the loom for them. Are the 5w bulbs deleted on USA bikes?

Thanks much.

Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
There is an adapter on both headlight sockets to fit H7 bulbs. You should also have two small black square connectors from the headlight harness for your 2 5W bulbs sockets with a male connector on the end of their wires for the mentioned square connectors.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
See page 596 in the 2007 Versys service manual download.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode