Rear suspension - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Rear suspension

I have been testing and adjusting the rear shock to get a good feel for it. Adjustments make a difference.

I prefer the preload set as light as it goes for a nice soft ride. I need to pick it up a little for more enthuiastic riding. If I put it on the recomended factory setting, its too tall and stiff for my liking. I usually run it at #2 from lowest. This gives me a sag of 38mm. I weigh just under 200 lbs. #1 for highway rides, and #3 for twisty curvy roads. Tomorrow I take my son for a ride, I will probably turn it all the way up to see just how it is with 2 up.

I welded a dollar screwdriver to the premium wrench that came with the bike.

And ground a notch in the end like some one else did here. Wrench says on it 37.5 which I am going to ASSume means radius of the part being turned. The shock has a radius of 31.75, so now we can see why it does not fit.

It fits under the seat where the U lock goes perfectly. This saves me from digging the wrench out of the tool kit.

Next I played with the rebound. I kept driving on one of my favorite roads which is about a 5 mile loop with bumps and curves. I would go around, then open the damper up 2 clicks and go around again. I did this until I had soft as I liked it. It ended up right at 13 clicks. I usually run it at 8 from closed. I only get "double bumps" on the worst of bumps like bridge approaches. two more clicks in (firmer) would probably help there.

Still getting the hang of this new bike.

David

Last edited by David RSparky3; 09-10-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode