110w shine from 55w H7 bulbs - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
110w shine from 55w H7 bulbs

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=17655/353.0.1.1

PIAA H7 Xtreme White Plus

Just did this mod today. Very pleased. I was able to get through the installation fairly easily thanks to this earlier thread. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13711&highlight=headlight+replace ment

The low beams are so much better now, I feel that the safety benefit well covers the cost of these bulbs. I bought them through my local Lordco which stocks them on the shelf.

The beam width is definitely a little wider, and the road lights up much further down than before. I just did a nice little night test ride on some roads including a cloverleaf exit with no street lighting on this nice dark and star filled night. I was beyond impressed. I have always shunned night riding on this bike, but this will change now. The high beams are just as impressive.

I spent a fair bit of time in my garage before making sure that everything was aimed correctly as my set up from the dealer was too low and to the right. After an hour I didn't get one driver flashing me his high beams so I would assume all is aimed properly.

I was able to get both lights in and out only removing the plastic fairing around the tank. As I was extremely concerned about how fragile any H7 halogen bulbs were, I did a few practice runs of installing/removing/installing the old light to make sure that I could get that little spring clip that holds the light in place on off easily before using the new bulb. If I removed the whole light housing it would have been simpler, but then whats the fun in that...

I would strongly suggest only taking one bulb out, (lowbeam), and leave the high beam as is until you get the lowbeam working perfectly. It is nice to have a finished example to look at doing this for the first time. The first light took me around 1 hour, once I saw how it all went together, the second light (high beam) took less than 10 minutes max. I could now do this entire job, with two lights in around 30 minutes. I would highly recommend it, and make a point of doing it yourself. All I needed was one screwdriver, and an allen key to access the bolts below my windscreen without removing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
On the pre-2010-models, you can change bulbs without dismounting anything. Let us know how long the "110w" bulbs last.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode