So here's the deal: My cold start fast idle is a little unruly.
- From what I remember, fast idle was right at around 2K when I first got the bike
- about a week later it started out with a rough fast idle at about 1600 rpm and crept up over 5-10 seconds to 1900 rpm for the duration of the warm up
- I adjusted the main throttle sensor
1/2 mm; this smoothed out throttle response at lower rpm -- I like the ride much better like this
- I did not measure TPS voltages (didn't immediately figure out how to do so inline, with connector connected)
- bike runs great once warmed up
- after multiple subthrottle sensor adjustments I've got it down to settle at around 2K rpm, but it still starts out a bit rough when cold (air temps not below low 50s F) -- some hesitation, starts out lower than 2K and slowly works its way there
- normal/warm idle seems to move -- I'll set it to 1350, or so, but then later at a stop light it will be at 1500, e.g.
- also, is it normal for the idle/idle needle to fluctuate by about 50 rpm, or should the needle be rock steady?
- '08 model, put into service Apr '11
- bought a couple weeks ago w/ 1K miles on it
- now has 1800 miles
- FI light flashed the other day when I pushed it past 7500 rpm; repeated it a couple times, then it stayed off
- no stored codes from mode 2
Any ideas? invader to the white courtesy phone