Valve clearance inspection/adjustment - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Valve clearance inspection/adjustment

Hello fellow Versarians,

I am looking for a visual aid for checking and adjusting the valve clearance.
An how-to basicly. I do know how to strip the bike down, including air box, and have technical know how, but want to be confident that i know where to find the shims and where to measure.

I have read Lonerockz thread http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=15006

I got some visualization from there, but not really an how-to (was not intended to be too).
It seems to me like a precise, but not to difficult job where you just have to know what to look for.

Anybody here that has some tips or knows how to find an how-to with pictures for the Versys? The service manual is not really generous with pictures in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Duke79; 08-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
The shims are UNDER the buckets, and are about 1/4" in diameter (pretty much the same size as the end of the valves). I used a magnet to remove the buckets, and the shims came WITH the buckets.

I'm pretty 'anal' so I took my time - no real issues, though you might want to 'mod' your black plastic fuel line under the tank w/ the 1/4" x .014 brass tubing to reinforce it (as someone posted a few days ago) while you're already in there.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode