My Buzz fixed, maybe..... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My Buzz fixed, maybe.....

Well I had all my plastics off this weekend so I could ride up my PIAA driving lights. While it was apart I decided to try and fix the buzz I get at 4150 RPM. On my bike what was buzzing the loudest was the black plastic bezel that goes around and on top of the instrument cluster (confirmed by pressing down on it while riding). I made a foam and electrical tape pad that I zip tired to the top of the connector on the back of the cluster. This gives the bezel something to rest on vs just free floating. Started the bike up and wow no buzz!

I also removed the windshield mounting brackets and decided to run with no shield at all until it cools off (its been over 90 everyday this month). Wow its actually pretty nice without a shield. Windy yes (amazing what even a little shield will block) but the airflow is consistent.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Also, make sure your clutch cable is not touching the instrument bezel. That's where most of my buzz was coming from.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 01:27 AM

I've fixed it a few times, then I switch a windscreen or bar position and it comes back...I am convinced it is Obama or the "Illegals."

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post
I've fixed it a few times, then I switch a windscreen or bar position and it comes back...I am convinced it is Obama or the "Illegals."
Yeap I think I heard it this morning. ARGH.......

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
My buzz was coming from the tab above the headlight just added some velcro and its gone. Thought it was around the guages because when i would press down on the plastic above the guages it would stop added foam in those areas but still continued.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM

I added a helmet and ear plugs...no buzz.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
MTS

I have heard you guys talk about that buzz before. Really glad I don't have it. And hope it doesn't ever start.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I have heard you guys talk about that buzz before. Really glad I don't have it. And hope it doesn't ever start.
I never had a buzz on my bike till i had the bulbs changed in the headlight.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
njd

I've tried the tab fix, I've tried the straw fix in the instrument cluster.

Still buzzy. Next up is the headlight, because I've read several riders say that there seems to be a rattle coming from there.

Ear plugs do NOT work if you are riding under 45 mph, that's how loud the buzz gets.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 PM

I've tried to eliminate the buzz but it always came back. To be honest, I don't really hear it with a helmet. I've decided to ignore it - this is a very minor issue.

Jim

09 Kawasaki Versys - Green
07 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Black
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrissocal View Post
I've tried to eliminate the buzz but it always came back. To be honest, I don't really hear it with a helmet. I've decided to ignore it - this is a very minor issue.
Obviously some are louder than others. I can hear mine with ear plugs in. Buzziness like this is annoying because its a sign of poor build quality which Kawasaki is known for. I like Kawasaki, I have owned several of them, hell I even worked for them but their build quality has always been sub par.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S

Last edited by gti20vturbo; 08-05-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode