dallasdon's Highway peg mounts. Who has them? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
dallasdon's Highway peg mounts. Who has them?

Im just wondering how all of your installations have gone and if anyone has needed to do any modifications?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Here's one that has them.

Hi Don, I got the new pegs installed and they work great. I barely feel any vibrations with these pegs and they match the bike nicely. Thanks again.

Steve
Steven Bach <[email protected]>

here's another: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=highway+pegs

Here's another:

Hi Don, you are welcome to post this in the forum. I need to take more detailed pics this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 04-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 AM

I bought Don's highway peg mounts and they installed without a problem. These are the pegs I use:

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...?productid=282

They are very comfortable with very little vibration and match the bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.jpg (661.8 KB, 87 views)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:11 PM

Pretty cool! I like the green stripes on the wheels too.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:14 AM

yes, just put them on a couple of weeks ago. Right one went on perfectly, but the support strut on the left side was out of line by .5 inch or so. I don't have a welder or any way to accurately bend it, so I just bent it with a long set of vice-grip pliers to the approximate position. The engine case bolt barely would engage, and wouldn't fully seat, but I just snugged it down as far as it would go and am hoping there's nothing behind it that will leak. I LOVE cruising with them as forward pegs--really a good alternate position.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Simple Install

+1 on the comments by layne1663, above.
I just returned from my garage after doing the install in less than thirty minutes. I also had to bend the small support brackets in toward the engine case about 3/8ths of an inch to make them flush. I used a vise and large visegrip pliers to make the two bends on each bracket. Then they fit perfectly. I supported the engine with a motorcycle jack (I don't have a bottle jack as Don's photos show in his directions) and an eight inch long piece of 1"x2" hardwood, placed on one of the motorcycle jack's lift plates. The original bolts came out effortlessly and the new fasteners (with blue loctite) went in easily too.
The UPS delivery man just phoned me and said the foot pegs I had on order were placed in my rural mailbox. I'm on my way down the road to get them now.
I'm really looking forward to my ride up to the Laguna Seca Moto GP because the highway pegs will greatly improve my comfort on the long ride.

Last edited by packmann; 07-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Well it looks like I am not nuts. My clitch side bracket also didn't fit. The small engine case bracket was too long on mine. I had a welder fill in the stock drilled hole that it came with and then filled until it fit,then I driled a new hole. Now it fits.

I really like having the pegs. When I get a chchance I'll post what pegs I used.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM

I'm truly sorry about the problem and I can't understand it. I have 2 Versys here that I used for fitting and both sides fit perfectly. One is lowered and the other is standard height so I tried them on both. I have 5 sets left and have tried each set on one of the bikes and still there is no problem. I can't see engine mount specs being off that much so I don't know what the probem might be but at least it was not insurmountable. Thanks for the update.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 04-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode