I just bought and installed this - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jack of Heats JoH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just bought and installed this

I just bought and installed this and I love it. When I turn off my high beam headlight it no longer goes out but works at a reduced brightness that I can program in 10% increments.

Link: Skene Lights - motorcycle safety lighting

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:57 PM

Garage
I like it. IMO you can never have to much lighting so the cagers will pay attention.

How bright do you have it for daytime or non-high beam?

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:47 AM

I use a comagination headlight modulator on the high beam. It has a sensor that stops it modulating from dusk to dawn. That and my high viz vest really help to keep me vizable. My kids say I look like a dork with the high viz vest on, my reply "better a live dork than a dead duck".

Be safe out there.

JoH
Skypilot 69 likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naitramde View Post
I like it. IMO you can never have to much lighting so the cagers will pay attention.

How bright do you have it for daytime or non-high beam?

I have the high beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on. Believe it or not it's a huge difference that the 20% reduction in brightness makes. I drive around during the day with regular high beam going and after dark low beam running high beam bulb at 80%. Perfect!

Versatile Versys
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
I use a comagination headlight modulator on the high beam. It has a sensor that stops it modulating from dusk to dawn. That and my high viz vest really help to keep me vizable. My kids say I look like a dork with the high viz vest on, my reply "better a live dork than a dead duck".

Be safe out there.

JoH
I could live as a dork over being the alternative!

Versatile Versys
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
I have the high beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on. Believe it or not it's a huge difference that the 20% reduction in brightness makes. I drive around during the day with regular high beam going and after dark low beam running high beam bulb at 80%. Perfect!
Glenno - I'm NOT sure what you're saying, so look at my re-writing of your sentence, and tell me IF I'm right (I'll show changes as capitalized):

"I have the LOW beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on...."

Is this correct?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Glenno - I'm NOT sure what you're saying, so look at my re-writing of your sentence, and tell me IF I'm right (I'll show changes as capitalized):

"I have the LOW beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on...."

Is this correct?
No you're incorrect. When you turn high beam off in stock configuration the light would go out. Now when I turn off high beam it doesn't go out it simply runs at 80% brightness. The low beam side is always just on at it regular brightness. Hope that is clearer?

Versatile Versys
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I'm glad someone got this and likes it. When i started a post about skenedesign it appeared to be met with more negative than positive comments.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I'm glad someone got this and likes it. When i started a post about skenedesign it appeared to be met with more negative than positive comments.
When I was a captain in the RCAF, we got a PER (performance evaluation report) each six months. Someone posted a bunch of comments made by the reviewing officers from a BUNCH of PERs (particularly - saying something NEGATIVE, but in a fashion that you had to "read between the lines" to get the meaning), and the above post brought one to mind:

[This officer can be counted on, whenever a new operating procedure is instituted, to find the ONE set of circumstances under which the operating procedure will NOT work.]

So much for the negatives, twowheeladdict....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Damning w/ faint praise....

ANOTHER PER comment:

[This officer's drinking is not a problem.]

EASY to read between the lines there.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode